Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock size, Gadgets, etc.

Glock size, Gadgets, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I order from the ones that were in stock last week. It would be interesting to know how many they are selling. For LTTs sake I hope they are selling a lot and doing well, and it is encouraging that so many Glock users see the usefulness of this item.

Now I just need a Glock with which to use the SCD.
    Get yourself a G19 unless you’re a fairly large guy. Then just grab a G17.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    IMO 19 + 26 is the sweet spot.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    IMO 19 + 26 is the sweet spot.
    That’s basically where I’ve been since about 2015 outside of certain work requirements and the occasional dalliance with some P-F flavor of the month. I’m also 5’11”, 155#, with a 38” chest and 31” waist. If I was 6’2”, 190#, with a 44” chest and 34” waist, I’d probably have gone 17 and 26.

Site Supporter
    I’m thinking 17 and 26. Did order two SCDs after all.

A big guy I am not. 5ft 4in and 175 pounds. My body shape is odd because I squat, deadlift and press a lot. Not to mention crazy home workouts. Plus I’m just oddly shaped naturally. lol

17 for duty and or home defense, and 26 for CCW. With CCW I want the smallest pistol I can carry comfortable but still shoot decently. I’ve carried a 26 in the past in a Glock sport holster, which is actually a pretty decent holster. Even if the cost is fobus like territory.

Do you AIWB? I’ll either do OWB or IWB.

I’m thinking 17 and 26. Did order two SCDs after all.

A big guy I am not. 5ft 4in and 175 pounds. My body shape is odd because I squat, deadlift and press a lot. Not to mention crazy home workouts. Plus I’m just oddly shaped naturally. lol

17 for duty and or home defense, and 26 for CCW. With CCW I want the smallest pistol I can carry comfortable but still shoot decently. I’ve carried a 26 in the past in a Glock sport holster, which is actually a pretty decent holster. Even if the cost is fobus like territory.

Do you AIWB? I’ll either do OWB or IWB.
    If you can easily conceal a G17, there’s probably no reason to own a G19. The size difference between them is pretty small and only really matters if the G17 is just a bit too large to conceal easily. I do carry AIWB. I’ve never had good luck with strong side hip carry unless the gun was way further back than I prefer. I could make it work at 4:30-5:30, but could never make it work to an acceptable level at 2:30-3:30.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    If you can easily conceal a G17, there’s probably no reason to own a G19. The size difference between them is pretty small and only really matters if the G17 is just a bit too large to conceal easily. I do carry AIWB. I’ve never had good luck with strong side hip carry unless the gun was way further back than I prefer. I could make it work at 4:30-5:30, but could never make it work to an acceptable level at 2:30-3:30.

How did you try to carry strong side carry?

A G26 and a Glock sport holster with Tenicor belt was pretty concealable. If you wore a bit looser shirt.

How did you try to carry strong side carry?

A G26 and a Glock sport holster with Tenicor belt was pretty concealable. If you wore a bit looser shirt.
    I tried a cheap knockoff of the Milt Sparks Summer Special and a kydex holster from a now-defunct holster-maker called Secret City Weaponeers for IWB, and a Raven Perun for OWB. I still use the Raven with either the G19 or a G26 when I’m wearing a suit for court and would look silly carrying AIWB. Generally, it looks like I’ve got a large, obvious bump at my hip bone when carrying strong side unless I’m wearing a suit jacket or a thicker hoodie.

I’m pretty happy with AIWB at this point and don’t plan on switching back. I’ve been carrying AIWB off duty since the Raven Eidolon came out and primarily on duty since I got my current job. The only times I’m carrying in another manner when out and about are on enforcement actions when I’m wearing a full duty rig and on the way to and from court when I’m carrying strong side owb.

Site Supporter
    I tried a cheap knockoff of the Milt Sparks Summer Special and a kydex holster from a now-defunct holster-maker called Secret City Weaponeers for IWB, and a Raven Perun for OWB. I still use the Raven with either the G19 or a G26 when I’m wearing a suit for court and would look silly carrying AIWB. Generally, it looks like I’ve got a large, obvious bump at my hip bone when carrying strong side unless I’m wearing a suit jacket or a thicker hoodie.

I’m pretty happy with AIWB at this point and don’t plan on switching back. I’ve been carrying AIWB off duty since the Raven Eidolon came out and primarily on duty since I got my current job. The only times I’m carrying in another manner when out and about are on enforcement actions when I’m wearing a full duty rig and on the way to and from court when I’m carrying strong side owb.

If I had faith in the reliability of the G43 or G43x, I might get one of them. Just not sure about them.

Body type and clothing play such a roll. In winter clothing it’s harder for me to OWB but that’s because of how my jackets and hoodies fit me. Probably should go larger.

I’m just not AIWB comfortable. Maybe with a safety equipped HK and it’s long trigger or a 92. AIWB is a great option, I just can’t get myself comfortable enough mentally to do it.

I have a G26. I am confident with the size of my Glock.

(I actually have two, one with RDS and one without.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have a G26. I am confident with the size of my Glock.

(I actually have two, one with RDS and one without.)
    Do you ever carry them? If so how?

User Tag List