Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock size, Gadgets, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Do you ever carry them? If so how?
    I do! I mostly carry in a JMCK OWB2 but used to carry the iron sighted one in a PJ Custom IWB before I started having medical issues. I also carry the iron sighted one in a shoulder rig when I’m driving the Miata, I’m max girth for the seat.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I regularly carry a G26 in either a JMCK 2.0 AIWB or a Perun OWB. I messed with the 43X and 48 but sold them. Both were reliable but they were not as easy to shoot as the G26. G26 is my 10 round gun. They are the small non-NPE gun that shoots like a bigger gun. They can be reloaded with G19 or G17/45 mags. This lets the user scale up or sown depending on role. The flat 10 round mags are superbly reliable when having to adhere to neutered mag laws.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Site Supporter
    G26 for carry, G19x for range, matches, hiking by the border when not carrying a long gun. Jframe in the pocket most of the time with either, and sometimes alone.

G42 for working out when I need absolutely flat and thin, like at the gym or tennis court.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    If I had faith in the reliability of the G43 or G43x, I might get one of them. Just not sure about them.

Body type and clothing play such a roll. In winter clothing it’s harder for me to OWB but that’s because of how my jackets and hoodies fit me. Probably should go larger.

I’m just not AIWB comfortable. Maybe with a safety equipped HK and it’s long trigger or a 92. AIWB is a great option, I just can’t get myself comfortable enough mentally to do it.
    I can't believe I'm going to say this. I've never been a fan of Springfield but see if you can rent a Hellcat Pro. For CC overall size of a Sig 365XL but with 15+1. Actually it's somewhere in between the Sig and the 43X.

Unless of course mag compatibility is a must then the 17/19/26

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I conceal a G19/MR920 daily with a 509T.

Once in a while I conceal a CR920

If I could I would conceal a XR920/G45 daily

At this point, I think I would prefer two G19s over a G19 and G26 or G17/34

I find the G26 awkward to draw from concealment even though it may be in some ways easier to conceal, though it tends to want to roll over the belt more. The G17/34 don't conceal as well as the G19 but are doable, however I don't really shoot them better than the G19. The slim Magpul magwell for the G19 plus home stippling and removal of finger grooves oddly enough made me love the grip when I previously was meh about it.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post

I find the G26 awkward to draw from concealment even though it may be in some ways easier to conceal, though it tends to want to roll over the belt more. The G17/34 don't conceal as well as the G19 but are doable, however I don't really shoot them better than the G19. The slim Magpul magwell for the G19 plus home stippling and removal of finger grooves oddly enough made me love the grip when I previously was meh about it.
    My favorite configuration is a 19 slide on a 26 frame, but I’m not willing to put the sheer volume of carry ammunition through it to pronounce it good for EDC.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My favorite configuration is a 19 slide on a 26 frame, but I’m not willing to put the sheer volume of carry ammunition through it to pronounce it good for EDC.
    You could get a G19 frame chopped to G26 length. Several members have guns configured like that including @DocGKR and @GJM. If the G19 has been vetted as reliable already, a correctly performed frame chop wouldn’t cause any variables to the cycle of operations.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

That setup runs well. As someone else said you could get a grip chopped g19 to.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post

Same. I have a cr920 for very limited use but really a g19 for me is the best one and done gun

User Tag List