Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Seattle decline post courtesy of Bari Weiss and crew

Another Seattle decline post courtesy of Bari Weiss and crew

I was going to post this in the “old Seattle decline” thread, but a search indicated enough of them already here that I figure I’ll just leave
    the article under its own searchable title. As well, the article is specific enough to policing politics of late that I figure it belongs under “Seattle idiocy” and not “Bari Weiss is awesome.”

Hellen Keller could have seen all this coming, and indeed, the P-F hive did. JMO.

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/a-c...attles-undoing
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I was going to post this in the “old Seattle decline” thread, but a search indicated enough of them already here that I figure I’ll just leave
    the article under its own searchable title. As well, the article is specific enough to policing politics of late that I figure it belongs under “Seattle idiocy” and not “Bari Weiss is awesome.”

Hellen Keller could have seen all this coming, and indeed, the P-F hive did. JMO.

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/a-c...attles-undoing
    Well written, and tragically predictable as you said.

The exact same thing is happening in many other cities. Albuquerque's PD is facing the same accelerated rate of Officers retiring or transferring or just straight-up quitting in similar numbers. All due to a DA that won't file charges on anything that matters, and everyone else in city management is still banging drums and singing instead of paying attention to their city, their constituents, or even reality itself.

When you have LEO's quitting to take $15-17/hr jobs at Amazon warehouses or to manage a Taco Bell (true stories!) then you KNOW there's a systemic problem that is far deeper than anyone cares to admit.

Not to worry. The State government is tackling the important issues.

Citing Racism, Washington State Bans The Word ‘Marijuana’ From All State Laws
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/citin...all-state-laws

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post

Next thing you know, the macarena and chicken dance will be outlawed...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Next thing you know, the macarena and chicken dance will be outlawed...
    Wait. those are still legal in your state?

Wait. those are still legal in your state?
    The Mexican restaurants that have live music would revolt!

JFC.

That said, this is about normalizing the whopping tax revenue that MJ provides. Inslee is nothing if not a known quantity when it comes to selling out. “Canabis” is the new “modern sporting rifle.” JMO. (Comparing lexicon as a tool for acceptance, not making a value judgement).
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    JFC.

That said, this is about normalizing the whopping tax revenue that MJ provides. Inslee is nothing if not a known quantity when it comes to selling out. “Canabis” is the new “modern sporting rifle.” JMO. (Comparing lexicon as a tool for acceptance, not making a value judgement).[/QUOTE]'

Well, if "marijuana" is offensive...I think "cannabis" is too close to "cannibals" to not be offensive to a soon to be protected group. (Dare I say "under-served"?)

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Well, if "marijuana" is offensive...I think "cannabis" is too close to "cannibals" to not be offensive to a soon to be protected group. (Dare I say "under-served"?)
    Perhaps they should join the Friars Club.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Yep, that's about right.

Clown Shoe City.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List