Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nylon Sam Browne Recommendations

Site Supporter

Nylon Sam Browne Recommendations

My duty belt is due for replacement. Any recommendations for a Sam Browne/garrison belt combination that will preclude my readjusting my duty belt continuously through the shift? Nylon or something similar much preferred, but not absolutely necessary. Thanks and be safe.

Can there be molle on the exterior or does it have to be plain?

Do you need a 2 inch or larger belt or can you size down to 1.75?

Site Supporter
    I have been using this for a little over 2 years. It is a great product that shipped quickly. Get their velcro underbelt too.

https://safelifedefense.com/product/classic-duty-belt/
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Site Supporter
    I've seen the advertisements for Safe Life Defense, but you're the first person I know who has used one.

Magsz, in my campus world of public safety officers and a few sworn police, I think I'm the only one left who wears a Sam Browne. I can probably wear whatever I want.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I won a gift certificate for Blue Alpha Gear belt combo. I really like it. I wear the inner belt as an EDC belt most days.

https://www.bluealphabelts.com/?gcli...iAAEgIEc_D_BwE
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    I have been using this for a little over 2 years. It is a great product that shipped quickly. Get their velcro underbelt too.

https://safelifedefense.com/product/classic-duty-belt/
    Safelife actually makes a legit product.

A ton of my coworkers are wearing their belts, either molle or the classic style. At first, I was a skeptic. I haven't seen any of these guys with any issues. I would safely recommend this.

Blue alpha also makes a nice product.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Safelife actually makes a legit product.

A ton of my coworkers are wearing their belts, either molle or the classic style. At first, I was a skeptic. I haven't seen any of these guys with any issues. I would safely recommend this.

Blue alpha also makes a nice product.
    Safelife products are all made in China and they price them the same as US stuff hence their greater profits and large advertising budget. Look up their shenanigans on the supposed NIJ certs for their gear. If you are looking for a good nylon rig, check out Lead Devil USA, they are made here by an LAPD Metro Officer and endorsed by a lot of legit instructors.

Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    Safelife products are all made in China and they price them the same as US stuff hence their greater profits and large advertising budget. Look up their shenanigans on the supposed NIJ certs for their gear. If you are looking for a good nylon rig, check out Lead Devil USA, they are made here by an LAPD Metro Officer and endorsed by a lot of legit instructors.
    NIJ certs have nothing to do with whether or not the belt itself is well made.

Ethics and country of origin are only pertinent if the OP cares. Mind firing over a PM with some links to the NIJ claims by the company?

Site Supporter
    What about Bianchi Accumold belts?

I’ve used one of the faux leather versions for 8 years and it works fine. Plus it’s easy to clean the exterior part.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    NIJ certs have nothing to do with whether or not the belt itself is well made.

Ethics and country of origin are only pertinent if the OP cares. Mind firing over a PM with some links to the NIJ claims by the company?
    Ethics in manufacturing is everything. Would you trust your life to possibly subpar products made by an unethical company?
    Here is a link from our very own forum:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....e-Defense-FRAS

User Tag List