Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nylon Sam Browne Recommendations

I've used a Safariland 94P for over 20 years.

I briefly tried the Uncle Mikes/Bianchi plastic buckle style and had the issue of it loosening up.

94P for me!

Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    Ethics in manufacturing is everything. Would you trust your life to possibly subpar products made by an unethical company?
    Here is a link from our very own forum:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....e-Defense-FRAS
    Generally, no.

However, its a belt. I've seen a huge amount of these at work and none of them have failed. One of my guys was struck by an 18 wheeler and his safelife belt had to be cut off. I'm not sure what standard you would need to meet for a belt beyond that (beyond of course claiming it has a load rating for rappelling). I'll go read that thread and make up my mind from there.
    Last edited by Magsz; 04-27-2022 at 12:31 PM.

I've run Ares Gear and Blue Alpha duty belts for upwards of 7 years now, and the Blue Alpha lowpro inner as my daily off duty driver. Both are excellent, and your personal preferences will largely dictate which is a better choice for you. The Ares will be preferred if you want the stiffest belt possible and/or like an overlap in front behind the buckle for more Velcro engagement. The Blue Alpha may be a better choice if you prefer a thinner, slightly more longitudinally flexible but still rigid belt (as I do), or have a need for a metal buckle, MOLLE compatibility, or no overlap in the front to work with your keeper setup. No personal experience with Lead Devil but I've heard good things from folks I trust; my preference is for a belt that's at least 2" wide and that doesn't appear to be an option they offer.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the input. I'm currently running an Accumold Sam Browne supported by a DeSantis EDC under belt. Since the DeSantis had softened up some, it seems to be working pretty well. Thanks again.

User Tag List