Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger Mini talk

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Seems like more and more things fall into that quandary, I want them, but in my mind what I think is a cool $500 item is actually a $900 item I am probably never going to get. Like another Mini 14, or a lever gun.

When I sold mine to my cousin I kept some of the elusive 30 round magazines, now if I ever get one I would want twenties anyway, there was always something just right about a svelte Mini with a compact twenty hanging out of it. But I wanted an AR when I didn't have enough money to keep all of the cool things, I wish I could have all of the cars and guns and motorcycles I had to trade to upgrade.

Did they ever make a Mini 30 in 300BO? Shit, wait....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    I looked at 300 BO when I bought mine. I had .223 all set up for loading so just stayed there.

Another question would be did anyone make an M4 in 7.62x39?
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-11-2022 at 11:32 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by dlrflyer View Post
    One bash of the Mini 30; they often can’t ignite Russian steel case ammo.
    That doesn’t sound promising considering that’s the vast majority of my stockpile.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    That doesn’t sound promising considering that’s the vast majority of my stockpile.
    I think the easy fix is a longer firing pin. 0.038" - 0.042" or something like that. Is your ammo Tula? Lots of problems with that ammo from doing some research. No personal experience.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Or sell your stockpile and go to a different caliber (unless you have a bunch of AKs). I have long thought of getting a Mini30 for all the obvious reasons but the magazine selection (now better) and reported troubles with steel cases ammo have always cooled my jets. It’s really hard for me to justify a 762x39 if it doesn’t shoot steel cased.

Nobody locally is interested in buying 7.62x39 unless you’re practically giving it away and I’m not interested in shipping it. I’ve still got an SKS so it’s not like I can’t use it anyway.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Extra power hammer springs are available from Wolff. Trigger pull is slightly heavier of course.
    My apologies to weasels.

Sort of Mini-14 related, this was brought to my attention yesterday and now I have yet another irrational want: Samson B-Team 10/22 stock

@Suvorov

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Sort of Mini-14 related, this was brought to my attention yesterday and now I have yet another irrational want: Samson B-Team 10/22 stock

@Suvorov
    Yep. It’s been in my radar too. Right now the only 1022 I have is set up as a Liberty Training Rifle for my boys to learn on. If I come across another one I will definitely be going this way! Like I need another .22LR rifle………

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I have often heard mention that the mini14 needs a trigger job. My experience had been that every mini I have ever shot has a more than acceptable trigger and on average better than stock AR triggers. Maybe it is my luck of the draw or simply I am more tolerant of creepy triggers but YMMV.

Agreed on the gas bushing. The other advantage of swapping out the gas bushing is that you can re-torque the gas block which is something many consider essential to getting the best accuracy out of your mini as you can.
    I torqued my gas block (got the wrench) and took it to the range a few weeks ago. What was a 2-3 MOA rifle turned into a 1-2 MOA rifle depending on how hot the barrel was. I set mine at 30 lbs and don't feel a need to change it. Fantastic improvement.

Dang, the 10/22 stocks are cheaper than I thought. Should I? Yes. Will I? Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List