Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger Mini talk

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    it was great fun at the time.
    That’s the only goal for mine, just having fun.

I never watched the A-Team (my parents were semi-strict about what we could watch and it didn’t make the cut) so I’ve never had the burning desire to replicate an A-Team Mini. Plus I’m digging the unobtrusive, un-scary aesthetic right now. And if it’s my only option as a fighting rifle shit has gone seriously, seriously sideways.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I would really like to do a Mini-14 tactical with an A-tm stock setup similar to what Chris did in that second video. It would go great with my 1982 Chevy van.
    Here is my take. Been collecting the parts for a while now but had to wait until I moved to Colorado to actually finish the build. It’s not a 100% clone of one of the show rifles but “my take.” Close enough for my needs.

Started as an early 580 series stainless ranch rifle. Had the barrel cut down to 16.1 inches and threaded and front sight moved back. Added a Ruger Factory stainless flash hider and the Samson A-TM stock. I do believe that the addition of muzzle device and cutting the barrel back has reduced the number of fliers.

Name:  E2811638-D339-4760-B218-D5D3AE9D9D85.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  101.7 KB

Name:  D2E5F13C-F4B7-4FDF-99BE-F599DA1204ED.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  102.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Here is my take. Been collecting the parts for a while now but had to wait until I moved to Colorado to actually finish the build. It’s not a 100% clone of one of the show rifles but “my take.” Close enough for my needs.

Started as an early 580 series stainless ranch rifle. Had the barrel cut down to 16.1 inches and threaded and front sight moved back. Added a Ruger Factory stainless flash hider and the Samson A-TM stock. I do believe that the addition of muzzle device and cutting the barrel back has reduced the number of fliers.

Name:  E2811638-D339-4760-B218-D5D3AE9D9D85.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  101.7 KB

Name:  D2E5F13C-F4B7-4FDF-99BE-F599DA1204ED.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  102.7 KB
    Name:  plan comes together-hannibal.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  48.2 KB

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    NYS Compliant EBR - Unfortuntely, I haven't shot it that much as we don't have carbine matches like in TX. Have to go to commercial range that handles rifles or join a very expensive club with a rifle range - but nothing dynamic.

Name:  Ruger Mini.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  65.1 KB

"EBR"?... Emergency Battle Rifle?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    NYS Compliant EBR - Unfortuntely, I haven't shot it that much as we don't have carbine matches like in TX. Have to go to commercial range that handles rifles or join a very expensive club with a rifle range - but nothing dynamic.

Looks like mine before my exodus, except you have a better optic. Did you use the Ruger Factory 30mm rings?

Site Supporter
    5K30MM High Scope Ring with Stainless Finish Stainless

Evil Black Rifle - slang for how antigunners mock semi guns. As compared to MSR - modern sporting rifle.

5K30MM High Scope Ring with Stainless Finish Stainless

Evil Black Rifle - slang for how antigunners mock semi guns. As compared to MSR - modern sporting rifle.
    Thanks... I like mine better. [emoji14]

That's actually pretty sexy.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

As long as it's reliable enough*, there's no reason that can't be a suitable "general purpose" carbine. Optimal is not universal.

*Reliable enough is a decision the end user has to make and sometimes "good enough" will be as close as one can get to "ideal".

User Tag List