Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Benelli Supernova Tactical?

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Has anyone trimmed a SuperNova stock to a shorter length of pull? Or does the recoil reduction mechanism preclude a stock trim?
    Cutting the stock can be done, but it will require one to "glue in" mounting blocks for the new recoil pad to be fastened too.

Unless you need it very short, Id opt for one of Benelli short recoil pads.

Better yet, pick up a M2 compact stock and short recoil pad.
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    As noted, Velcro cards don't work well on the receiver due to the forend overlap and the curved sides (they don't have the slab sides of most shotgun receivers). I used a Mesa side-saddle for awhile but didn't like the extra bulk and eventually just slapped a shell card on the stock.

I've since trimmed this card down to hold four shells...
    Good points. I wasn't even thinking about the shape of the receiver.

I have a 14 inch Supernova, but it never grew on me. I have a much easier time working an 870.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a 14 inch Supernova, but it never grew on me. I have a much easier time working an 870.

Mostly personal/subjective reasons? Even so, what were they?

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Mostly personal/subjective reasons? Even so, what were they?
    Trying to run it fast, I feel like a monkey humping a football.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My Supernova is making me think about ditching my 870s. I know shotguns are individuals, but it patterns FC 8 pellet 00 better than my 870s, and every other buckshot round I've tried through countless choke tubes. I had to try a round of 3.5" 18 pellet Winchester 00, you know, for science. The pattern at <10 yards was terrible, but the recoil made up for it in spades. Even a recoil operated Benelli dampens a some of the blow, but the Supernova lets you experience it in all.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Trying to run it fast, I feel like a monkey humping a football.
    Mine does not feel particularly handy or fast but it's the 18" with pistol grip. I love the gun but it feels rather unwieldy.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Mine does not feel particularly handy or fast but it's the 18" with pistol grip. I love the gun but it feels rather unwieldy.
    Mine felt that way with the factory PG stock and it's ridiculous LOP. I tried the Mesa Urbino...LOP was much better, but still didn't care for the pistol grip.

I priced the parts to convert to the standard ComforTech stock and it was going to be almost $300...for just some f'ing plastic and mounting hardware! I found a ComforTech model on GB, bought it, and sold my pistol grip SNT...wound up being out of pocket $30 in the end. I bought a shorter Benelli gel recoil pad that helped with the LOP, and I find a standard stock to be much more ergonomic for me anyway.

User Tag List