Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeking holster suggestions for Hill People Gear fanny pack

Site Supporter

Seeking holster suggestions for Hill People Gear fanny pack

I recently replaced my worn out Tommy's Gun Pack with a Hill People Gear snubby size fanny pack. This pack holds up to a standard configuration Glock 19. In my case, it carries a Sig P365 most of the time, but will occasionally carry a Glock 19.

I am still working out the best zipper position for the gun compartment and draw technique. If the side zipper is too far down, it will drop down on its own If it is too far around the corner, opening the gun compartment is significantly slower.

The inside of the gun compartment includes central vertical "loop" portions of hook and loop fasteners (Velcro). Ideally I would like ot mount a holster which would retain the gun if the side zipper drops all the way down, but which does not add significantly to the total time required to draw the gun.

I am aware of the Kydex trigger guard cover for a Glock which attaches to a cord attachment inside the pack, and which is sold by Hill People Gear. While it may be worth considering, it does not work for the P365, and may not accomplish what I am trying to accomplish.

Any suggestions?

Get an Enigma holster from Tony at JMCK and use it as an insert.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Get an Enigma holster from Tony at JMCK and use it as an insert.
    Yep, this plus some hook-loop adhesive tape will work well. Maybe add a dummy cord as a retention device for the actual holster body.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    It appears that both of you have the ideal answer. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I keep all the none gun zippers on the right side and the draw zipper in the upper left hand corner with an extended Paracord zipper pull. The opposing zipper is tucked inside.

I currently have a g19 with a trigger guard holster on it.

I was using a 2" m10 but that rusts like crazy in there.

Just ran 6 miles with it on today.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I keep all the none gun zippers on the right side and the draw zipper in the upper left hand corner with an extended Paracord zipper pull. The opposing zipper is tucked inside.

I currently have a g19 with a trigger guard holster on it.

I was using a 2" m10 but that rusts like crazy in there.

Just ran 6 miles with it on today.
    Question for you guys … did you go with the snubby size or the reg. size one ? I have the chest carriers from HPG as well as a bunch of their other gear … I have been wanting to get a waist pack … but divided re: size. Suggestions ? Looks like my 19 will fit in both … as well as the P365. Thanks for any real hands on … I may have to wait till I am back at their store in a month !

I like the Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 using the loop attachment for this purpose, just ordered one myself. These have great solid retention and are impervious to heat distortion like kydex, so hot vehicle safe, though still not recommended (in a pinch).

Site Supporter
    I use this Maxpedition inside the HPG Chest pack.
    Works great. Adds a mag holder.
    Not sure about the fit in their fanny pack.

Amazon.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    Question for you guys … did you go with the snubby size or the reg. size one ? I have the chest carriers from HPG as well as a bunch of their other gear … I have been wanting to get a waist pack … but divided re: size. Suggestions ? Looks like my 19 will fit in both … as well as the P365. Thanks for any real hands on … I may have to wait till I am back at their store in a month !

Looks like the medium is new. Part of me wishes I had waited. I can fit a g19, a tq, chest seals, bandages gauze, light, and swiss army knife in the snubby bag but it is very tight.

Normally it's a gun, sak, lighter, and phone for runs.

If you're plan is to use it for EDC and have a gun, a complete FAK, phone, wallet, keys then get the medium.

For a bare bones running holster the snubby is fine.

Even if I do eventually get the medium I probably would not run with it and keep it for Dad stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Looks like the medium is new. Part of me wishes I had waited. I can fit a g19, a tq, chest seals, bandages gauze, light, and swiss army knife in the snubby bag but it is very tight.

Normally it's a gun, sak, lighter, and phone for runs.

If you're plan is to use it for EDC and have a gun, a complete FAK, phone, wallet, keys then get the medium.

For a bare bones running holster the snubby is fine.

Even if I do eventually get the medium I probably would not run with it and keep it for Dad stuff.
    Awesome !!!!! Thank you for the feedback. That is exactly the insight I was hoping for.

User Tag List