Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Else Gone Full Revolver?

Over the last 3 almost 4 years I've gone primarily to revolvers. I do carry 1911s often but not nearly as much as a k frame.

Site Supporter
    I work from home now and find that the LCR is the easiest to carry with sweat pants.
    When I go out, it's in the pocket with a G26 on the belt.

I am getting a 3-inch 856, which may become my belt carry pistol.

I previously spent about 50% of my shooting time with a semi-auto and about 50% with a revolver. Always preferred a revolver, but a semi-auto seemed to make more sense on paper.

Until factory ammo prices went through the roof, and factory ammo availability dried up.

I do a lot of dry fire practice, and ran into big issues simply finding replacement factory carry ammo over the last couple of years, to replace rounds that were chambered, then re-chambered, and started getting a little beat up. For revolvers, re-chambering is not an issue.

That was all I needed to go all revolver. I even bought a new S&W 66-8 to celebrate.
    Ordinary guy

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Jed View Post
    Until factory ammo prices went through the roof, and factory ammo availability dried up.

That was all I needed to go all revolver. I even bought a new S&W 66-8 to celebrate.
    I have over 5,000 rounds of 9mm range ammo, and I don’t know how many hollow points. My wife shoots an excessive amount of ammo, and I tried to tame that by not loading too many mags for her Glock. The ease of reloading a revolver made her a convert. 🤣

Celebration guns are always good! 👍👍👍👍

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Jed View Post
    I previously spent about 50% of my shooting time with a semi-auto and about 50% with a revolver. Always preferred a revolver, but a semi-auto seemed to make more sense on paper.

I do a lot of dry fire practice, and ran into big issues simply finding replacement factory carry ammo over the last couple of years, to replace rounds that were chambered, then re-chambered, and started getting a little beat up. For revolvers, re-chambering is not an issue.

Good point. Dry fire is both easy and “muscle memory friendly” with a revolver...
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

It's a pretty good sign I've not really been on the forum much when there's a thread about going "full revolver" and no one tags me on the first page.

Might need to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    It's a pretty good sign I've not really been on the forum much when there's a thread about going "full revolver" and no one tags me on the first page.
    Might need to fix that.
    Sorry about that. Your comments on this topic have influenced me quite a bit. 👍
    ETA: Along with shooting DA only.

I have a pretty huge revolver collection that has done nothing but grow since 1986, but I still can’t bring myself to do this.

I will just have to live vicariously through you guys doing it, while I deal with my irrational, overly paranoid, mental defect that won’t let me leave the house other than walks around the farm with the revolver as my primary. Who knows, maybe there is a cure. I am certainly equipped to do it when my mind finally lets me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Essentially yes.

I own a significant number of Glock 19 pistols. For over a decade that is what I used for urban/suburban carry, supplemented by a J frame, and complimented by a serious of problematic Glock 20s for woods carry.

I ditched the Glock 20 in favor of a GP100, which has led to me carrying a Smith 640 Pro in town and sometimes on front country hikes, and buying a Marlin 1894c.

This system is working really well for me. I realized the other day not a single Glock 19 has left the house for anything other than a range trip in 16 months.
    What were your G20 issues?

I’ve been pondering a 10mm auto to complement my GP100.

I have not gone full revolver, but they are a big part of my carry.

During the work week, I have been running my 327 LCR for about 3 and 1/2 years (yes, I was an early adopter and did it before it was cool, and even influenced DB a bit) and even in my off time when I have more dress freedom, I find myself using the LCR a significant amount. Plus, I enjoy shooting and dry firing revolvers more, which means I am more likely to practice live and dry with them, which means I am pretty likely to use them well if I need to.

Not quite to the point where I run revos exclusively, but once I get back a special project gun, that may change....
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

User Tag List