Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bolke/Haggard/Burch Fighting in an NPE June 10-12, 2022 Meadhall Range, OKC

Bolke/Haggard/Burch Fighting in an NPE June 10-12, 2022 Meadhall Range, OKC

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/npe-cou...s-235673123657

There are two kind of handguns that we can use for self-defense – Going to Trouble guns, and Getting Out of Trouble guns. While we would all prefer to carry full size duty guns with multiple spare magazines (Going to Trouble guns) as our EDC set up, the fact is that most of us cannot 100% of the time. Because of various restrictions – whether legal, social, or environmental, we often have to defend ourselves with gear that may not be the best when we are shooting fancy drills on the square range (i.e. Getting Out of Trouble guns). Instead of bemoaning that truth, we need to spend the time working on being able to run our actual carry to the best of our ability. That is what this course is all about.

In this class, we will look at how to effectively shoot and manage the smaller handguns that are typical of a non-permissive environment – i.e. snub revolvers and small autos like the G43 or LCP. We will learn to maximize our performance in shooting as well as accessing and drawing these guns. We will also integrate the shooting with understanding how to recognize and deal with impending violent criminal assault, and how to use OC spray and physical responses alongside our firearms. Most importantly, we will put these practices into actual use the exact same way we will have to use them in the real world; NOT the artificial constraints of a flat range.

Students should be ready to work hard, but everyone can go at the most appropriate pace they need. This is not a class for “operators”. This is a course for everyday folks who want to defend themselves and their loved ones from realistic threats, and your physical condition or experience level does not matter.

Students will need their carry gun, as many spare ammo carrier/loader set ups as they can manage, a quality holster (no SERPAs or FOBUS rigs allowed), 300 rounds of ammo, one blue gun and holster for the blue gun, notebook and pen, and an open mind. Also, this will be an opportunity to try different carry positions such as pocket or ankle. There will also be time and opportunity to try out other small guns that the student may not have the chance to run before.

Friday – Intro to pre-assault cues, pre-fight threat containment and MUC, OC use, and live fire safety briefing

Sat – 1st block: live fire, familiarity with drawstroke from various carry positions, tricks with small guns

2nd block: MUC and reactive or proactive physical response

3rd block: OC usage drilling and integration with verbals and movement, congruency with physical responses

4th block: live fire

Sunday – 1st block: live fire

2nd block: defending against the entanglement

3rd block: moving in crowds with a gun in hand (blue gun)

4th block: final drill/test
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

I love this concept.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I love this concept.
    Agreed!

This frankly is the kind of training most of us need.

My interest is piqued!

That's gonna be one hell of a class

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

The 5/9 episode of That Weems Guy features a discussion of this upcoming class.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I took this last fall in Wisconsin. It was fantastic. The first day I fired 3 rounds (and should have fired one). DB does some great threat discrimination and gun handling stuff.

The remaining time was MUC in escalating levels, from verbal to OC and beyond.

Highly recommended to “real earth people “ who carry a gun and/or OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I took this last fall in Wisconsin. It was fantastic. The first day I fired 3 rounds (and should have fired one). DB does some great threat discrimination and gun handling stuff.

The remaining time was MUC in escalating levels, from verbal to OC and beyond.

Highly recommended to “real earth people “ who carry a gun and/or OC.

Thank you!

I really enjoyed the student make up in that class. It was a really good cross section, and I thought each student's personal input and questions made the class more valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Thank you!

I really enjoyed the student make up in that class. It was a really good cross section, and I thought each student's personal input and questions made the class more valuable.
    I didn’t see it on your eventbrite page, but are you guys doing this elsewhere (Wisconsin?) later in the year?

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I didn’t see it on your eventbrite page, but are you guys doing this elsewhere (Wisconsin?) later in the year?
    Yes, we are back in Wisconsin in early October. I need to get the info out and public here shortly. Thanks for the reminder!

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I think there is a link on Chuck Haggard's website.

Edit to add link: https://agiletactical.com/calendar/

User Tag List