Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deep Dive Podcast on .40 with Erik Gelhaus

Deep Dive Podcast on .40 with Erik Gelhaus

The "Off Duty On Duty" Podcast has an interview with our own @Erick Gelhaus on the .40 S&W. It's a deep Dive that I found absolutely fascinating

https://offdutyonduty.com/392/episod...erick-gelhaus/
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Thanks, I went and found it on Spotify so I’ll listen to it shortly.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Thank you sir!

I had pitched that as a discussion on why the Glock 22s went away, regardless of which generation. We wanted to get the history documented.

Very good listen. Even with as closely as I tracked the Glock/.40 issues in mostly real time, learning still occurred. Ironically enough, I was also stuffing .40 mags while listening. But for a P229…

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Thank you sir!

I had pitched that as a discussion on why the Glock 22s went away, regardless of which generation. We wanted to get the history documented.
    Great podcast. I vaguely knew there were issues with the G22 and WML, but it was really interesting to hear from two LEO folks who went through the learning curve first hand.

That was very educational! Thanks for the lesson.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Great podcast. I vaguely knew there were issues with the G22 and WML, but it was really interesting to hear from two LEO folks who went through the learning curve first hand.
    We had issues with them. Mine was one. Ran fine without a WML. Malfunctions about 1/40-1/50 with it.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

That was an excellent discussion, thank you. I got lucky with my gen 4 22, however both of my 35's had issues with lights and with spontaneously disassembling themselves.

As far a service guns are concerned has anyone other than Sig or Hk actually cracked the code for these?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    That was an excellent discussion, thank you. I got lucky with my gen 4 22, however both of my 35's had issues with lights and with spontaneously disassembling themselves.

As far a service guns are concerned has anyone other than Sig or Hk actually cracked the code for these?
    Weren't M&Ps in 40 considered good to go? It was the 9 that I recall having issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    Weren't M&Ps in 40 considered good to go? It was the 9 that I recall having issues.
    yeah that's right I forgot about those.

User Tag List