Thread: Apex slim frame trigger safety recall

Apex slim frame trigger safety recall

"...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Interesting they did not call this a 'Voluntary Upgrade Program', looks like I may spend money with them in the future. SIG on the other hand, I've still not brought myself to spend money with them on the principle of it. Worth noting it's not for a risk of accidental firing but failure to reset the trigger, so good on them for acknowledging this up front.

APEX is such a quality company

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I'm somewhat familiar with this. The failures to reset cited in the recall have only been noted on a couple of specimens (as in a couple of individual guns) of slimline Glock. But Apex is so deeply committed to ensuring that their customers pistols function as designed that they're recalling *all* of them to ensure that nothing they have out there interferes with the reliable, safe function of their customers pistols. And that's why I only buy parts from Apex, because I've seen these kinds of problems with EVERY OTHER aftermarket trigger maker for Glock pistols, but you never see any of those other companies taking a measure like this to correct it.

And not to put too fine a point on it, but I've seen several unmodified slimline Glock pistols come out of the box with serious trigger issues related to the trigger bar.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

And not to put too fine a point on it, but I've seen several unmodified slimline Glock pistols come out of the box with serious trigger issues related to the trigger bar.
    A close friend of mine had his bone stock G48 start to occasionally double. I looked at it and could see that the trigger bar to striker leg engagement was at less than 50%... Closer to maybe 25%.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I'm somewhat familiar with this. The failures to reset cited in the recall have only been noted on a couple of specimens (as in a couple of individual guns) of slimline Glock. But Apex is so deeply committed to ensuring that their customers pistols function as designed that they're recalling *all* of them to ensure that nothing they have out there interferes with the reliable, safe function of their customers pistols. And that's why I only buy parts from Apex, because I've seen these kinds of problems with EVERY OTHER aftermarket trigger maker for Glock pistols, but you never see any of those other companies taking a measure like this to correct it.

What are your thoughts on the slimline Glocks for serious carry?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    They have more problems than the full sized guns. I've seen reliable specimens and problem specimens. The slimline guns are much easier for people with smaller hands to use well. They are more difficult for people with bigger hands to use well.

If I had to go to a gunstore, buy a gun, and then go immediately use it in a gunfight it wouldn't be a slimline Glock.

The S&W Shield seems to experience fewer issues than the slimline Glocks, although I did encounter a Shield + recently that needed a trip back to the factory to replace some fire control components.

I don't think they're bad guns, but they're not the same animal that the Glock 17 is just because the same manufacturer produces them.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I have smaller hands and wanted to love the slimline Glocks.

They are eh....

Comfortable to carry but in my hands slower than a G19 and less capacity

With shield arms s15s my 3 g48 and 2 g43x were never reliable enough to carry the S15s.

Imo the rsa glock uses is not ideal . Some.of mine would not feed certain jhp until I went to a Suarez spring.

Eventually sold them all except a sentimental value g43.

Recently got a cr920 which is better than any slimline glock, but that probably eventually gets sold too as I never carry it.

Ironically once I had the option to carry anything I wanted I moved back to a glock 19 clone lol

User Tag List