Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P&S #292 "The Applicability of Small Caliber Pistols"

P&S #292 "The Applicability of Small Caliber Pistols"

Another great listen with gold from DB and @RustyCrusty. I think it ties in nicely with the recent snub chat and other conversations.

"Mission drives the gear" is also a term I will never get tired of hearing from experienced folks as it seems context is ignored, in most cases intentionally, by many companies and personalities.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I listened to the whole podcast. I seldom spend the time to listen to anything that will take a long time, but this was very interesting to me.

I’m halfway through it & throughly enjoying it.

Excellent presentation. One hardware problem I see is that the .22 LR ammo, that is recommended, is quite rare stuff. Ruger LCR revolvers are not easy to find, either, and when I see them available, it is usually .38 Special or .357 Mag. I am still kicking myself for not buying one or two of the .327 version, when several were at the LGS, some time ago, probably last year. We do have hers-and-his stainless J-snubs, 32 H&R, and my 4” SP101 is also chambered for .32 H&R. It has not been difficult to find .32 Long wadcutters, in quantity, and various .32 H&R ammo has not been too difficult to find, on occasion, through the panic-demic.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

On the topic of "ND's" while training and pushing speed; it's a great point and yeah it happens to me probably once per 3/4 trips out if pushing those D1 speeds.

However, to be faaairrr, I think it's also noteworthy that the "ND" working to get a D1 time down lower by definition is a scenario where the decision to shoot has been made. I've not ND'd drawing to ready. And it's rare that one of these "NDs" when pushing speed aren't pretty dang solid hits on target too. We're not talking about shooting the dirt in front of our feet.

Very interesting. This is one of my favorite shooting related topics lately.

Not sure I'll make 3 hours of it. Really hate the long intro small talk from hosts on podcasts. Brutal.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    When I read this post I was wishing for an ADD version. Once I got to listening and about 5 mins in I realized it was worth the listen. Of course it was an area of interest for me and normally 3 hours would not hold my attention.

Site Supporter
    I tried listening to the audio only version but couldn’t skip through it save my place. Unless I’m using it wrong.

If I could play YouTube in the background on my phone I would do that, but that doesn’t work.

Are there affordable ammo options for the .327 Rugers?

Still working my way through it driving to and from work. I usually enjoy anything DB puts out even if not 💯 on board with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Still working my way through it driving to and from work. I usually enjoy anything DB puts out even if not 💯 on board with it.
    Oh DB's stuff is platinum.

The host and "Rusty" both made a point that made me ask "WTF"? It was about missing out on life experiences with the family because you carry too big a gun. A service pistol, like G19. I was like "c'monnnn mannnn? It didn't slow me down when I had the kiddos and not celebrating a HR, gapper into Left Center or wrestling pin never caused me to celebrate so much I revealed my mid-section! I didn't miss shit. Gun or not gun I wasn't jumping into the ball pit at McDonalds. LOL

But here I am truly quibbling. I'm almost through it and I'd recommend it. Lots of good shit.

#1 favorite is DB putting his fist into this high chest and middle of his face and driving the point home - THAT'S WHERE YOU HAVE TO HIT.

btw I love Rusty's stuff and his analytical approach and follow him on IG as well. As I said I'm quibbling on that little thing.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    One of the topics they mention that I'd really love a deep dive into is why to so many service pistols that can run thousands of rounds in testing and in our range work without a malf . . . be seen to foul on dashcam and body cam when someone gets into a "startle" gunfight? I have a hard time believing this just limp wristing. I'd tend to believe it might be a jacked up grip that literally ends up impeding the slide. But I'd love more info on that phenom.

The podcast does give one a big warm fuzzy about small snubbies carried judiciously.

User Tag List