Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: P&S #292 "The Applicability of Small Caliber Pistols"

I totally agree that health and longevity are one of the (if not the) most important things we strive for.

Your reasons totally make sense and are valid.

I just think with some of these newer small sub compacts that the scale towards being able to “have your cake and eat it to” gets to be more of a reality for people and gives more capability then a snub.
    Last edited by EVP; 05-10-2022 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I totally agree that health and longevity are one of the (if not the) most important things we strive for.

Your reasons totally make sense and are valid.

I just think with some of these newer small sub compacts that the scale towards being able to “have your cake and eat it to” gets to be more of a reality for people and gives more capability then a snub.
    In many ways, I'm sure you're correct.

There are a couple things that give me pause. First is the vast majority of people who don't train like dedicated P-F people. Second, as Darryl and other experts have pointed out, the round guns have some distinct advantages, especially in a Fouled Up Tangle. Contact shots, defending gun grapples, malfunction concerns, shooting from inside garments, surreptitious draws are some of them.

I honestly don't know how to weigh those capabilities against the additional 5 or more rounds in something like a P365. I think I'd personally be better off with a snubby if I was ever unlucky enough to be in a death grapple situation. My P365 XL is certainly more capable at range if I was unlucky enough to need it there. Tough call.

Have a gun, but try not to screw yourself ergonomically, be unduly uncomfortable, and promote stress injury. That's my new approach. Hopefully I never have to find out if it's good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I just got an e-mail arrival notification for Federal Punch ammo, from Midway USA dot com.
    More Punch coming. In .22 mag next

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-22-wmr-punch/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List