Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: P&S #292 "The Applicability of Small Caliber Pistols"

Loved this podcast, so much wisdom guys! I like Darryl’s idea of LCPs in .32 and smaller lighter Ruger revo in . 32 mag. I wish dare I say Taurus would bring the tiny no view out in .22 and .32!

Great point regarding the total weight of the .380 P365 when you consider the ammo weight difference when loaded! My little P365 .380 has much milder recoil than the 9mm.

Would love to Federal et.al. Develop the .25 ACP. Could easily hit 1000fps with .35 grain truncated solid. I envision a “punch” .25

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Loved this podcast, so much wisdom guys! I like Darryl’s idea of LCPs in .32 and smaller lighter Ruger revo in . 32 mag. I wish dare I say Taurus would bring the tiny no view out in .22 and .32!

Great point regarding the total weight of the .380 P365 when you consider the ammo weight difference when loaded! My little P365 .380 has much milder recoil than the 9mm.

Would love to Federal et.al. Develop the .25 ACP. Could easily hit 1000fps with .35 grain truncated solid. I envision a “punch” .25

Dave
    With an aging population and a Nation arming itself against a goblin horde you would think someone would see the market potential of a truly reliable .22LR cartridge.
    You'd obviously have to get away from the "bulk ammo" end of the spectrum.
    Double firing pins like the old Henry rimfires?
    A "better" way of distributing rimfire primer?
    A Match hybrid cartridge that seals the bullet in the case for less deformation and better feeding?
    All 3?

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    With an aging population and a Nation arming itself against a goblin horde you would think someone would see the market potential of a truly reliable .22LR cartridge.
    You'd obviously have to get away from the "bulk ammo" end of the spectrum.
    A "better" way of distributing rimfire primer?
    A Match hybrid cartridge that seals the bullet in the case for less deformation and better feeding?
    All 3?
    I don't remember any light strikes with Velocitor.

Double firing pins would help a lot. I've often turned the round on failure to fire and got it to fire when the firing pin hits a different spot on the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I have always wondered why so few .22's adopted that, it would not be that hard in most designs.

I just got an e-mail arrival notification for Federal Punch ammo, from Midway USA dot com.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I just got an e-mail arrival notification for Federal Punch ammo, from Midway USA dot com.
    I've had good luck through 50 so far. But then again I just don't see much if any light strikes across Rem/Win/Fed/Aguila/CCI in my K-22, this 317, or my Marlin and Ruger carbines. So I dunno.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Punch likes to get stuck in the cylinder where all other types I’ve used have not had issues. Have to hit the ejector pretty hard, too hard.

Finally listened to the whole thing but don’t really see some of the other participants points.

I really enjoy listening to DB with his wealth of experience but I don’t really get the snub.

I get it makes sense for some people but that guy Rett is talking about not letting a gun dictate what you do but then talks about having 2 j frames in pockets and stuff. What pants is he wearing? MC hammer pants? He kinda sometimes nullifies the point he is trying to make. There is no way I can pocket carry a snub with my normal clothing attire without wearing baggy clothing and such.

Honestly with sub compact guns like s&w m&p compacts and shields, sig 365s and g26 i cannot really get behind snubs for me.

On another note for the other people in this thread, what about carrying is holding you back from enjoying day to day life? Comfort or legality concerns?
    Last edited by EVP; 05-07-2022 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    On another note for the other people in this thread, what about carrying is holding you back from enjoying day to day life? Comfort or legality concerns?

I think the sum is better than the parts. I think its that a lot of us don’t walk around with a bat belt for most of our lives anticipating stopping a mass shooter or pretending we can conceal and are comfortable with a 36oz 1911 stuffed in the waistband, or a G30 in a pocket! DB raises wise points about just as important not to shoot, hence a longer pull advantaged in the snub.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    For me it's overall health and longevity more than physical comfort. Posture, balance, fluidity and range of motion are important. As I get older, and chronic repetitive stress and acute injuries begin to pile up, I am starting to become more jealous of maintaining healthy bilateral symmetry and fluid range of motion on the daily.

Any given day seems fairly insignificant in this regard. A whole decade taken in aggregate starts to change my perspective. Thinking in 25 year increments makes these issues even more salient.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective though. I live in a place where armed robbery is literally unheard of (at least by me). I worry far more about inappropriately socialized bears than muggers. If I lived in Memphis, I would probably never leave the house without dual AR pistols and Shockwave BUG under a trenchcoat, posture be damned. If I am going to a city with a homeless population, I am probably carrying a real gun.

User Tag List