Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lancer Translucent ORANGE AR mags

Site Supporter

Lancer Translucent ORANGE AR mags

Posting here as a public service announcement: orange Lancer mags from The MagShack (LINK)

I ordered three simply because orange.

Name:  MGLS2320-70_1_HR.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  20.3 KB

Lancer mags are my favorite.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site is down for me right now
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Lancer mags are my favorite.
    In general or for specific uses? Magpul is my go to but I’m willing to check out some Lancers if they’re working for you.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Site is down for me right now
    Don’t know how much Mag Shack is asking but they’re $19.95/ea at Gun Mag Warehouse
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    In general or for specific uses? Magpul is my go to but I’m willing to check out some Lancers if they’re working for you.
    I like Lancer AWM in general. The latest version of Gen3 PMags work great as well.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Friend of mine said he saw the feedlips on Lancers rust while he was out at JRTC. I've had many of the little nubs up front of the feedlips snap off, though Lancer has reassured me that this wouldn't affect the functionality of the magazine. I've also had a UTM punch a hole in an opaque mag, though Lancer was able to replace it free of charge; I've had a Windowed PMAG M3 have the window get shot out by UTMs, and I had to pay for return shipping of the mag, before Magpul shipped me a new one, while Lancer provided a shipping label for my busted mag for cross shipping. I've been told that while the translucent Lancers do have a protective coating against solvents (e.g., DEET), said coating will eventually wear through, though I have no idea how tough that coating is and how long it might last.

I prefer the PMAG M3s over the L5AWMs, but the primary reason for that is simply cost, as I can get Windowed M3s for cheaper than the translucent L5AWMs, and for awhile was able to get them at the same price as the opaque L5AWMs.

I got a bunch of Lancers in a deal with a P-Fer on some .300BO stuff. I've been very happy with both the 20 and 30-rounders.

But in general, I'm not magazine picky. I have 20 and 30-rounders of Magpul Gen3s, Lancers, OKay Surefeeds. And I even have some old-old-old school Thermold 20-rounders. All work, so I'm generally happy with them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Don’t know how much Mag Shack is asking but they’re $19.95/ea at Gun Mag Warehouse
    They were $16.99, but they are out of stock now.

I have mostly Magpul mags simply because of cost. I haven't used any of my mags enough to offer any sort of reasonable opinion on durability or quality, but Lancer and Magpul seem to be generally well-regarded. I have mostly Magpul, a few Lancers, and a few aluminum mags. There may be a few others mixed in. I need better organization.

Am I the only one bothered by companies selling things like this in what are traditionally safety colors? I cringe when I see weapons or mags in red, blue, and orange.

User Tag List