Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gen 3 Glock 19 FTE

New Gen 3 Glock 19 FTE

So I purchased a new G19 Gen 3 and have had 3 FTE in ~200 rounds. I grip pistols firmly, so don't think its "limp wristing" induced. Have never had a malfunction with my G17 (over 700 rounds). Factory ammo was used (WWB, fiocchi, Remington UMC). Pretty sure the malfunctions were with WWB and Remington ammo. Not sure what to make of this...

Quote Originally Posted by HammerStriker View Post
    So I purchased a new G19 Gen 3 and have had 3 FTE in ~200 rounds. I grip pistols firmly, so don't think its "limp wristing" induced. Have never had a malfunction with my G17 (over 700 rounds). Factory ammo was used (WWB, fiocchi, Remington UMC). Pretty sure the malfunctions were with WWB and Remington ammo. Not sure what to make of this...
    Might be time for an Apex extractor.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Have someone else try, to eliminate anything that could be you

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 4RNR; 04-18-2022 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Have someone else try to eliminate anything that could be you

I have a slightly different take. For a defensive pistol, the gun should run if you hold it one or both hands, firmly or loosely.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a slightly different take. For a defensive pistol, the gun should run if you hold it one or both hands, firmly or loosely.
    GJM, what is your opinion on Glocks and limp wristing? Do you think caliber matters?

I do agree, the gun should work regardless of how strongly it’s held.

True but screen names don't mean much and there could be a user issue regardless of gun

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    GJM, what is your opinion on Glocks and limp wristing? Do you think caliber matters?

I do agree, the gun should work regardless of how strongly it’s held.
    Some pre Gen 5 Glocks sprinkle brass all over, making it at times painful to wear a short sleeve shirt. Gen 5 Glocks throw the brass out a country mile. Just spit balling, but the weaker the extraction/ejection, the more important grip is. Pretty sure Randy Lee installed the first Gen 3 Apex extractor in my wife’s FDE 17, fixing her reliability issues.

It used to be, if you wanted to carry a Glock, you put up with weak extraction. Between Gen 5 pistols with the breach face cut, or an Apex in Gen 3/4 pistols with weak extraction, you don’t have to put up with weak extraction with a Glock.
    If I had one that wasn’t reliable, I would fix it or send it down the road, and replace it with one that ran.

Site Supporter
    Some pre Gen 5 Glocks sprinkle brass all over, making it at times painful to wear a short sleeve shirt. Gen 5 Glocks throw the brass out a country mile. Just spit balling, but the weaker the extraction/ejection, the more important grip is. Pretty sure Randy Lee installed the first Gen 3 Apex extractor in my wife’s FDE 17, fixing her reliability issues.

It used to be, if you wanted to carry a Glock, you put up with weak extraction. Between Gen 5 pistols with the breach face cut, or an Apex in Gen 3/4 pistols with weak extraction, you don’t have to put up with weak extraction with a Glock.
    If I had one that wasn’t reliable, I would fix it or send it down the road, and replace it with one that ran.

Have you noticed any difference between Gen 5 9s and .40 ejection wise?

I agree a defensive pistol must run one or two handed limp or not.

Did you lube the gun prior to shooting it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Have you noticed any difference between Gen 5 9s and .40 ejection wise?
    Both eject great and I believe it is because of the breach face cut in the Gen 5 pistols, starting with when they added forward serrations.

User Tag List