Thread: AAR Modern Samurai Project RD Instructor, 4/12-13, Prescott, AZ

AAR Modern Samurai Project RD Instructor, 4/12-13, Prescott, AZ

Last week I attended Modern Samurai Project’s Red Dot Instructor class in Prescott, AZ. Taught by Scott Jedlinski, and ably assisted by AJ Zito, it was two days of a deep dive into not only red dots, but in how to pass that knowledge on.

I ran my P80 G19 with a holosun 507 in a Dark Star Gear holster (though I did get to run a couple drills with Scott's personal PDP).

As expected, my performance was substantially improved almost immediately under their tutelage, but the tips on how to teach the material was a great bonus. As an instructor myself since 1987, I appreciate good teaching, and this course had it in spades. And I even walked away with some good tips on being a good firearms instructor, especially with red dots.

Scott’s methodology is terrific, and derives from BJJ so it very much speaks to me. Everything was demonstrated and moreover, the “whys” of the techniques were thoroughly discussed and where it could fit it and where maybe it wouldn’t. There was not one person who attended who did not see definitive improvement in their physical execution, and mental understanding of the coursework.

I have to say this was one of the most enjoyable shooting classes I have taken, and I am absolutely going to be taking it again and the soonest opportunity.

Thank you Scott and A.J. for a great experience!
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Concur,

I took his class in SC (ShootLogic) last year Oct time frame, ran my G19 with Holosun 507C out of a JMCK. Great instruction, i have already signed up for a class with Scott in Sept in NC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Last week I attended Modern Samurai Project’s Red Dot Instructor class in Prescott, AZ. Taught by Scott Jedlinski, and ably assisted by AJ Zito, it was two days of a deep dive into not only red dots, but in how to pass that knowledge on.

I ran my P80 G19 with a holosun 507 in a Dark Star Gear holster (though I did get to run a couple drills with Scott's personal PDP).

As expected, my performance was substantially improved almost immediately under their tutelage, but the tips on how to teach the material was a great bonus. As an instructor myself since 1987, I appreciate good teaching, and this course had it in spades. And I even walked away with some good tips on being a good firearms instructor, especially with red dots.

Scott’s methodology is terrific, and derives from BJJ so it very much speaks to me. Everything was demonstrated and moreover, the “whys” of the techniques were thoroughly discussed and where it could fit it and where maybe it wouldn’t. There was not one person who attended who did not see definitive improvement in their physical execution, and mental understanding of the coursework.

I have to say this was one of the most enjoyable shooting classes I have taken, and I am absolutely going to be taking it again and the soonest opportunity.

Thank you Scott and A.J. for a great experience!
    I went through the LE/MIL version of this class this week, and agree with everything above. There were some really high level shooters in the class, including @Kyle Reese, who I was lucky enough to partner up with. He can really run a gun.

Jedlinski does very well explaining the “why” behind everything he teaches. His methods are very different than the way I’ve shot for years, and I was pretty frustrated during the first day because I kept reverting to my old ways when running his drills at speed. I got better the second day, and I went out to the range by myself this morning and saw definite improvements.

The guy in the lane beside us got a Black Belt patch, which was impressive to watch. Those standards are tough.

I ran a G45 with a direct-milled RMR out of an ALS holster for most of the class. I used my RMR’d G19 during the morning on the second day but switched back after lunch.

@HCM is apparently famous and was mentioned by Scott at the beginning of the class.

Also, shout-out to @TGS for buying me dinner last night.

Great class, I’d like to train with Scott again.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I went through the LE/MIL version of this class this week, and agree with everything above. There were some really high level shooters in the class, including @Kyle Reese, who I was lucky enough to partner up with. He can really run a gun.

Jedlinski does very well explaining the “why” behind everything he teaches. His methods are very different than the way I’ve shot for years, and I was pretty frustrated during the first day because I kept reverting to my old ways when running his drills at speed. I got better the second day, and I went out to the range by myself this morning and saw definite improvements.

The guy in the lane beside us got a Black Belt patch, which was impressive to watch. Those standards are tough.

I ran a G45 with a direct-milled RMR out of an ALS holster for most of the class. I used my RMR’d G19 during the morning on the second day but switched back after lunch.
    @HCM is apparently famous and was mentioned by Scott at the beginning of the class.

Also, shout-out to @TGS for buying me dinner last night.

Great class, I’d like to train with Scott again.
    It was an honor shooting with you over the last few days, and thank you for the kind words.

Bottom line- if you’re an LE RDS instructor, you need to train with Jedi for the reasons articulated by @TC215.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List