Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LTT 1301, MagPul Zhukov handguard, which mount for use with Surefire Scout?

LTT 1301, MagPul Zhukov handguard, which mount for use with Surefire Scout?

Hoping someone might have this setup? I’d like to use a Surefire M600DF light with a LTT 1301 that comes with the MagPul Zhukov handguard. I plan to use the forward M-Lok slots. Can anyone suggest a mount that works well with this light and handguard? Pictures would be awesome if anyone has one of their setup.

No personal experience with your setup, but I’m interested to see how it works out. The 600DF a bit heavier because of the 18650 battery so it might beat up the hand guard Mlok slot

Additionally, you'll probably want to install a rubber O-ring on the front of that 18650 battery as the recoil can smash the battery against the head. I forget where I saw pictures of that having occurred on a 12 ga.
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 04-17-2022 at 11:11 PM.

Site Supporter
    With regard to mounts, I have had great success with the offset mounts from Arisaka Defense. https://arisakadefense.com/offset-scout-mount-m-lok/ I have never tried them on 1301 though.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

I don't have that specific light, I have an Arisaka M600. It is mounted on a Thorntail Long Bar.

https://www.impactweaponscomponents....ntail-2-m-lok/

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    The 600DF a bit heavier because of the 18650 battery so it might beat up the hand guard Mlok slot
    I just ordered the LTT 1301 last week so I haven’t put hands on it yet. Hopefully I didn’t wrongly assume that the Zhukov stock is solid enough for the Surefire scout light. I never gave that a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Additionally, you'll probably want to install a rubber O-ring on the front of that 18650 battery as the recoil can smash the battery against the head. I forget where I saw pictures of that having occurred on a 12 ga.
    I’m pretty heavily invested in the Surefire M600DF eco-system thus my desire to stay with that light on my LTT 1301. I’m running the M600DF on several Benelli M4’s and multiple AR15 / M4 carbines. I haven’t heard or experienced this issue myself but I’ll certainly keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    With regard to mounts, I have had great success with the offset mounts from Arisaka Defense.
    I love Arisaka mounts too. I’ve been looking at the Arisaka in-line MLok mount for this shotgun but made my original post hoping to see some other options and how they might work on the LTT 1301. If I don’t hear of any better options here I’ll probably give the Arisaka mount a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    I don't have that specific light, I have an Arisaka M600. It is mounted on a Thorntail Long Bar.
    Do you have a picture of that on your shotgun by chance?

I actually have the Thorntail SBR. The Long Bar would move the light further forward. Additionally, I have the Arisaka canted offset mount, the Thorntail places the light approximately the same distance from the barrel at the furthest adjustment but closer at the closest adjustment.

Last edited by Centerfire; 04-18-2022 at 11:35 AM.

@Centerfire , Thank you for taking the time to post that picture. That really helps give me an idea of the light placement and setup with that mount. Hoping others might still post their setups but I sure appreciate your taking the time to post yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post
    I’m pretty heavily invested in the Surefire M600DF eco-system thus my desire to stay with that light on my LTT 1301. I’m running the M600DF on several Benelli M4’s and multiple AR15 / M4 carbines. I haven’t heard or experienced this issue myself but I’ll certainly keep that in mind.
    FYI, start on post #30.
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

The FDE is a Surefire

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

User Tag List