Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: “Blood Red Sky on Netflix

“Blood Red Sky on Netflix

Vampire flick. In German and English. Female protagonist. Doesn’t matter, just watch it.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Vampire flick. In German and English. Female protagonist. Doesn’t matter, just watch it.
    Never heard of it until this thread. Watched it, liked it. I was in as soon as the sniper rifles in the opening scene had Nightforce optics.

I had forgotten I’d watched it until I pulled it up. I liked it a lot.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Low light CQB in an airplane against a horde of vampires is the definition of a bad night.

I thought it was pretty bad, sorry.

The dubbed dialog into English didn’t help. The voiceovers were unconvincing and the English phrases were trite, and didn’t ring true. (Child was asked, do you have any siblings? He responds, I have no siblings. A kid wouldn’t say that). I lost count of how many ‘What the fucks?!’ were inserted into the script.

The obviously animated external airplane shots were high school grade. They were so bad they reminded me of the original Airplane comedy.

The plot was simplistic and aimless; the ‘suspense’ did not so much build into a crescendo as it simply spread, much like the Vampires propagated: slowly and tediously. The gore was pointless and overly dramatic.

It was neither a good film nor did I enjoy it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I thought it was pretty bad, sorry.

The dubbed dialog into English didn’t help. The voiceovers were unconvincing and the English phrases were trite, and didn’t ring true. (Child was asked, do you have any siblings? He responds, I have no siblings. A kid wouldn’t say that). I lost count of how many ‘What the fucks?!’ were inserted into the script.

The obviously animated external airplane shots were high school grade. They were so bad they reminded me of the original Airplane comedy.

The plot was simplistic and aimless; the ‘suspense’ did not so much build into a crescendo as it simply spread, much like the Vampires propagated: slowly and tediously. The gore was pointless and overly dramatic.

It was neither a good film nor did I enjoy it.
    Can we put that down as

LL must have just got excited about the hardware.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Loved it! But I am a sucker for "B" movies that involve Werewolves and/or Vampires (Zombie Beavers are pretty cool too).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dsa View Post
    Loved it! But I am a sucker for "B" movies that involve Werewolves and/or Vampires (Zombie Beavers are pretty cool too).
    In that case, you have to see this gem.
    MST3K S09E04 Werewolf (or worwilf as it is sometimes known)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    In that case, you have to see this gem.
    MST3K S09E04 Werewolf (or worwilf as it is sometimes known)
    Been there, done that! I have a new crew at work and we will be watching this next rotation.

Friendly reminder that this was a vampire movie on Netflix, not a blockbuster from Mann, Coppola or Scorsese.

User Tag List