Thread: DPP "glitch"

Site Supporter

DPP "glitch"

It was time for a new battery in my DPP so I slide the piece back, installed a battery, was sliding it back into place, and it slide off.
    I emailed Leupold and the new part(s) are on the way; their customer service is quick!
    If it had happened while shooting the sight goes out, BUIS are blocked, and you're in trouble. Point shooting it is, or go to a backup.

--Jason--

Site Supporter
    The new pieces arrived last week and I was able to get the spring, detent ball and new slider part installed. It took many tries and cursing.

--Jason--

Next time just start with the cussing... It saves time and effort.

Any idea why it came off?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by toledoUPSguy View Post
    Any idea why it came off?
    No. I was sliding the small piece back over the battery compartment lid after changing the battery and instead of stopping it just slide off. Leupold sent a new spring, the small piece that holds the battery compartment lid, and two ball bearings. My guess is the old spring lost some "umph" so it wasn't keeping pressure under the ball bearing and it rolled out from under the small piece. But, that is just a guess.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    No. I was sliding the small piece back over the battery compartment lid after changing the battery and instead of stopping it just slide off. Leupold sent a new spring, the small piece that holds the battery compartment lid, and two ball bearings. My guess is the old spring lost some "umph" so it wasn't keeping pressure under the ball bearing and it rolled out from under the small piece. But, that is just a guess.
    thank you

User Tag List