Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And here I thought I'd never own a Walther P88...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What optic will you mill it for?

You can joke about some things…

😉

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'm looking for one for 600 bucks, or maybe a tad more. I know some old FFL some where who can't search GB is going to take one in on trade and I'll be the first guy to see it in his case. 9x18 Super? Never heard of it.
    I feel like that’s more or less exactly how this P88 acquisition transpired. Haha.

I am strangely drawn to DA/SAs of that era - of course the Smiths but also the Star M30, HK P9, and Steyr GB. The only one I’ve actually succumbed to buying is the P229, but I could easily own a bunch. Well boughten.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I am strangely drawn to DA/SAs of that era - of course the Smiths but also the Star M30, HK P9, and Steyr GB. The only one I’ve actually succumbed to buying is the P229, but I could easily own a bunch. Well boughten.
    Thanks. I’m pretty stoked.

Yeah, the Steyr GB and P9S have always been on my radar. At that time, it seems there was a lot of innovation… but still that sense of “old-world” quality in things. At least that’s my 2020s-shaded perspective on it.

Niiiiicccccceeeeee!!!!!!!!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Wow, what a Deal, about half the price I would have expected to see.

I was taken in by gunzine praise of the P88; but when I got to handle one, the plastic grips bulged out over the ambidextrous overlapping interlocked control levers were not comfortable.
    I liked the look and feel of the P88C with its regular Walther slide safety and walnut grips, but by the time any had made it to my area, AWB94 had kicked in and full size magazines were not to be had.
    So I bought a CZ75 for which standard magazines were still available.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Vending Machine Operator
    What a grab. Absolutely beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Yeah, I was honestly more interested in the Compact vs. the full size... for stated grip reasons. I have small hands and it feels really good.

And yes, mine came with the neutered 10-rounders. Which, interestingly, are the same as the P99 10-rounders I have--except for a different plastic base assembly. 14-rounders are out there, but their $100+. I'll probably end up springing for one sooner or later.

Folks on the Walther Forum also use early P99 16-rounders in their P88Cs. So... could do that, too.

Nice thievery! According to this reference, only 7344 were made.

Congrats, thats a great find.

Lifesizepotato - massive collection of rare and high end pistols - gives a great overview.

User Tag List