Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Range Bag

I bought one of these recently:

https://www.511tactical.com/range-qualifier-bag.html

It's a nice bag with enough space for a couple of handguns and a few hundred rounds of ammo.

I prefer a smaller bag to a larger one, because I want to limit how much stuff I take. Keeps me from spreading my focus too much.

The removable "ammo tote" has padded zipper pockets that perfectly hold pistols (including full size guns) on either side of the ammo bucket.

That said, I like the idea of a poster tube for holding targets...hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    That said, I like the idea of a poster tube for holding targets...hmm.
    The nice thing about the one I use is that being rectangular, it doesn't roll around when set on a flat surface.

The big bags just seem to get really heavy and bulky, several years ago I transitioned to a Pelican 1500.
    It is kinda small, but enough for the six magazines, extra ammo, a little kit bag with all of the essentials like the timer and batteries and tools and brass bags, plus my staple gun.
    It is easier to carry by my side, and is durable, and is waterproof if it is in the back of the pickup (even with the cover it gets wet).
    There is room for a second pistol (am typically wearing the one I will shoot, if I need more room I start tossing things into one of those toolbags. Or if I am shooting a long gun I have a couple Midway cases that are for two guns, there is a divider and pockets, so there is room in it for an extra couple handguns.

ETA: While it obviously looks like it could be something valuable it doesn't obviously look like it contains guns. There are probably people that would steal some guns but wouldn't steal tools. And if all it has in it are magazines and ammo, it is nice and watertight if I leave it in the truck overnight.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I would’ve bought the Shooters Connection bag, but they were out of everything but pink. Ended up grabbing the Midway Competition bag and I dig it. Does absolutely everything I wanted. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Name:  7422A553-2991-4ABF-9DFD-ACF593CAE112.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  89.3 KB
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

User Tag List