Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else have a love/hate relationship with a particular gun?

Anyone else have a love/hate relationship with a particular gun?

Admittedly, I have a soft spot for classic P series Sigs. I went through a Sig phase a few years back. I think I've owned most every model and 3 different calibers. At the time I was trying not to get sucked into GLOCKs of 1911s. I loved the way Sigs felt and in slow fire I could drill the center. The problem was I wasn't a serious shooter at the time and had never trained with a firearm ..... ever.

As I became more serious about firearms I learned SA/DA wasn't for me and neither was the DAK or SA offerings from Sig. I went another direction and try not to ever look back.

Having said that I still find Sigs SEXY. I hate it when people use that word to describe anything other than a woman. However, it applies and I just can't help it. Every time I see a classic P series online my heart skips a beat. They just look and feel good.

I was weak today and bought another P228. I meet the guy tomorrow afternoon to pick it up. I don't even know the date code but from the pics and the box I know it's a classic. It's beautiful and in infinitely better condition than the Swiss police 228 I currently own.

I didn't need this one and really tried NOT to buy it. I simply couldn't resist the asking price and close proximity of the seller. I sure hope he doesn't have a classic P226 he wants to sell.

So .... what's your love/hate gun and why?

My analogy would be S&W K and N frame revolvers. I have just a few now. Mostly family heirlooms so they are safe. But I've just HAD to own and later sold dozens. And I still can't walk past a nice one without searching about for a rationale. I never hate them, just realize I have no mission for them beyond the one's I still own which I grew up with.

About your Sigs; I've shot a few and just love them but never spent any serious time with them. Of all the options to Glocks, the Sigs are the most tempting to me. I'm a sucker for extreme accuracy and the few I've shot were match grade tack drivers. You ping me now if one of the 228's is headed for the block.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    You ping me now if one of the 228's is headed for the block.
    Will do.

These are the only two Sigs I own now. I have owned dozens; 228s, 226s, 229s, 239s, 245s, 238s, 220s, blah blah blah.

I do still miss the last 226 I sold. I wish I had kept it.

Really 1911's probably fall into this category too for me. I've owned 10 and for awhile none and was shamed into getting another; just one. ("Patriotic American vs Communist faggot!" - Ken Hackathorn )

When I'd compare them to running a modern hicap I'd dump them. Then in a year . . . viscious cycle.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    I've been accused of running a Smith and Wesson K-frame "rescue" operation before! I love those revolvers and every time I see one, I start trying to a) justify buying it and b) working the money movements in my head. I don't want help for my disease, just more opportunities to practice it!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

H&K's. Big problem with them. And the only one I shoot better than others is the p7m13, which makes zero sense as a carry gun. I actually have a scar on one of my knuckles from picking the gun up without a glove on after 5 or 6 magazines. It's a sickness.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

1911's--love the ergonomics and trigger, hate the cost and effort to get a good one.

9 mm Glocks--love the simplicity and ease of armoring; hate the grip and recent decline of reliability...not to mention the culture of poor corporate ethics.

Colt Python. I've had mine for probably 15 years, haven't shot it in probably 8 or 10. It was one of the first guns I bought. I could triple or quadruple the money I have in it and use it for more practical things, but.... I just can't. Yet.
    Also HK's, because at heart I'm an HK guy on a Glock budget.
    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Sig P250.

I am the only person on the planet that I'm aware of that really likes this gun. I also probably hold the record for most rounds fired out of a P250, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Sig P250.

I am the only person on the planet that I'm aware of that really likes this gun. I also probably hold the record for most rounds fired out of a P250, so there's that.
    I had one for a week last week and used it for dryfire. Zero live fire but I was sold on the system for sure. It was one of those guns that just felt like I liked it.

Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List