Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Overwatch Precision Triggers?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I really like the polydat on my G43x.
    The stock trigger shoe on that gun was uncomfortable for me.

The flat faced polydat made it much more comfortable.
    Thanks. Seems like most people like them and they seem fine for carry

What about the SCD use with Overwatch triggers? Do they work well together, does the SCD still function correctly and not stick out? Always have been curious about this.

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    What about the SCD use with Overwatch triggers? Do they work well together, does the SCD still function correctly and not stick out? Always have been curious about this.
    In my experience the Gen 5 PolyDAT works fine with the SCD.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    When I had a Gen III G19 with Overwatch Polymer DAT and SCD, the SCD still worked. It didn't stick out as far, but plenty for the user to be warned that the trigger was moving. I now have that combo in my P80 (sold the G19) where it continues to work.

Chris

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    N of 1, but when I tried a Gen1-4 Tac, I had to use the specialized reduced pre-travel SCD, the normal one wouldn't sit flush.

Reduced trigger reach was definitely achieved if that's what you're looking for.

I definitely preferred the little hook at the bottom as a reference point. AFAIK they don't sell that shape in polymer form.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    N of 1, but when I tried a Gen1-4 Tac, I had to use the specialized reduced pre-travel SCD, the normal one wouldn't sit flush.

Reduced trigger reach was definitely achieved if that's what you're looking for.

I definitely preferred the little hook at the bottom as a reference point. AFAIK they don't sell that shape in polymer form.

Yeah would like a little bit of reduced trigger reach

Almost never happens; but if my master grip is sloppy there is the freak accident of me hitting the side of the trigger and not depressing the trigger safety.

Has only happened once in 3 years shooting 3 times a week, but has happened (was trying to get under 1 second draw from aiwb)

I've got an original DAT (not poly) in my favorite G19.4, and though it took a bit to warm up to it, I've come to really like it. It may help that it just happens to be a great combo of trigger, trigger bar, connector, etc. all tuned just right - that alone can make a big difference between two otherwise identical-on-paper sets of parts in a Glock sometimes. It works fine with my SCD but I will always respectfully note that wasn't recommended by Tom (and then I'll continue to do it anyway).

I have a G48 that just has a less-than-good trigger and replacing it with a PolyDAT helped, but it wasn't a magic bullet - still no where as good as my G19.4.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I've got an original DAT (not poly) in my favorite G19.4, and though it took a bit to warm up to it, I've come to really like it. It may help that it just happens to be a great combo of trigger, trigger bar, connector, etc. all tuned just right - that alone can make a big difference between two otherwise identical-on-paper sets of parts in a Glock sometimes. It works fine with my SCD but I will always respectfully note that wasn't recommended by Tom (and then I'll continue to do it anyway).

I have a G48 that just has a less-than-good trigger and replacing it with a PolyDAT helped, but it wasn't a magic bullet - still no where as good as my G19.4.
    Any pros for the dat vs poly dat?

I know flat triggers are all the rage these days, and I often like them as well. That said, if you have to go with an aftermarket Glock trigger, the Overwatch Falx trigger is worth considering. Curved like the stock one, and I find the rounded profile more comfortable than the DAT trigger.

Also, due to the shape and size, it is ever so slightly thinner than stock. We're not talking a huge difference. Maybe a few millimeter difference in length of pull, but you can definitely feel it. It's actually less LOP than the DAT. The other nice thing is, since it's all metal, you achieve a stock-like trigger feel with a pull that feels a bit more crisp since there's no plastic flex.

Is all of the above worth $135? That's up for you to decide. I'd upgrade other things like sights, connector, trigger return springs, etc. before I'd bother with replacing the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    I know flat triggers are all the rage these days, and I often like them as well. That said, if you have to go with an aftermarket Glock trigger, the Overwatch Falx trigger is worth considering. Curved like the stock one, and I find the rounded profile more comfortable than the DAT trigger.

Also, due to the shape and size, it is ever so slightly thinner than stock. We're not talking a huge difference. Maybe a few millimeter difference in length of pull, but you can definitely feel it. It's actually less LOP than the DAT. The other nice thing is, since it's all metal, you achieve a stock-like trigger feel with a pull that feels a bit more crisp since there's no plastic flex.

Is all of the above worth $135? That's up for you to decide. I'd upgrade other things like sights, connector, trigger return springs, etc. before I'd bother with replacing the trigger.
    Thanks great feedback. I considered one of these too.

If I did this I may only do my carry gun vs the training guns as I imagine they feel close enough

User Tag List