Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cold Steel impulse buys

My Carbon 5 Recon Tanto is about the only Cold Steel I have that wasn't an impulse buy quite a long time ago. That thing is a razor.

Shit.

Push dagger
    Frontier tomahawk
    Vietnam repro tomahawk
    "Big Stick" walking stick
    Blackthorne cane
    Pioneer style skinning knife

and most recently a fook'n spear. A big ass spear. And I actually thought I had a use case for it then later realized it would probably be a felony. LOL
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I have a couple Spetsnaz shovels sitting on a shelf in my garage.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I'm sorry, but digging Russkies is so two weeks ago.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    The shovels are actually pretty handy. I have used them to chop tree roots, chop ice, and dig my old Land Cruiser out of the muck more than once. That it could be used as more than a shovel is simply a bonus as far as I am concerned!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    The shovels are actually pretty handy. I have used them to chop tree roots, chop ice, and dig my old Land Cruiser out of the muck more than once. That it could be used as more than a shovel is simply a bonus as far as I am concerned!

Nice! They actually go in the Jeep if I got off-road. Nothing like a good shovel to get you out of trouble. I should put the small one back in the Jeep.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    I have one of the shovels, which I love, a skull headed cane, which I've actually used for cane purposes when I was hobbling around in a boot a few years back. Didn't have any problem flying with it either.

My Scottish broadsword, I blame that one on pain meds. But it's a nice sword.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    My Scottish broadsword, I blame that one on pain meds. But it's a nice sword.

I have a 1917 hybrid cutlass. I blame the pain. Its a medical therapy device. Seriously. A longer blade was dangerous in the house to do saber drill practice to strengthen my arm and shoulder, the cutlass is perfect. Rubber bands for therapy suck and dont inspire regular use. a few minutes of saber practice are fun, even if it hurts for weeks.

Like this

Last edited by Malamute; 04-14-2022 at 09:15 PM.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Thanks for sending me down the blackthorn stick rabbit hole again. I'm trying to work here!

I do not need one. I do not need one. I do not need one.
    Turns out...I needed one. Oh, I have a couple of those shovels too, which I'm pretty sure were a PF-related purchase but they sure are handy.

I remember buying their warhammer and 1917 cutlass when they first released, over 20 years ago. They were well made pieces of gear. Some years later I saw they were making more swords and I desperately wanted one of their hand-and-a-halfs. Then I picked one up at a gun show and immediately hated it. The hilt felt like I was grabbing a yardstick, all thin and sharp and uncomfortable.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Moved a bunch of posts to Romper Room, for what I hope are obvious reasons.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List