Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Steel impulse buys

Cold Steel impulse buys

I’ve eyed the War Clubs for years and when I saw them on sale the other day I couldn’t resist (Maker’s Mark helped). Figured I’d get a cane as well.

My wife was not amused that my daughter was enamored with them. Oops.

And for some reason my dog thought they were chew toys.

Name:  90BCC548-5C86-4932-9F0D-112D31A9BC6E.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  59.4 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    The canes are nice. I hope it is many years before I can convincingly use a cane for walking (although I do have osteoarthritis in my knees), I purchased 2 Cold Steel City Sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

More Cold Steel swords than I wish to admit…

My Prussian saber and a few axes and hawks

I’ve had the “blackthorn “ one for years. It’s thicker than a real one but not too bad. Later my wife got me a real one so I only use the Cold Steel one in sloppy weather. Not that I need a cane yet but I like it.

I had a barber that had a maple war club like that round head one in his display window which I coveted for years.

Cold Steel is at its best when it makes stupid things unreasonably well.

I am 100% dumb enough to carry a 4Max Scout on occasion.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

I once held a Cold Steel Gladius that an acquaintance owned. I'm no sword fighter, but it certainly didn't feel like a toy.

Achilles probably could have done some decent work with it.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for sending me down the blackthorn stick rabbit hole again. I'm trying to work here!

I do not need one. I do not need one. I do not need one.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    Cold Steel is at its best when it makes stupid things unreasonably well.
    That is the perfect summary of Cold Steel, right there.

I have a few random items from them, usually because I've been in a store that had some knife or axe of theirs on sale for a price too cheap to resist. In fact looking across my desk right now I see a mint but dusty Recon Tanto that I have no use for...but I was in a knife store looking for cheap prybar tantos for family and friends go-bags (I don't even remember why tantos, I think I had an idea about hammering them into doors to pop them open; my weird survival paranoias are all related to major earthquakes and I have this thing about door frames getting parallelogrammed and doors not opening) and I had asked to see something that was around thirty bucks, and the owner said "hey, we have the Recon Tanto on sale for $50 (CAD), you want one of those instead? I have four left."

Well, I was going to spend a hundred bucks plus, on three REALLY cheap beaters. Why not $150? The people would feel like they were getting pretty nice knives in the bags. And then on impulse I said "What if I buy all four?" and the guy said "I'll do all four for $175."

So I gave away three to the three people I most wanted to survive an earthquake that didn't have their own gear, and kept one. What am I going to do with it? I have absolutely no idea. Actually, I do: nothing, that transaction must have taken place about fifteen years ago because I was working on a tunnel bore project right by that store at the time, and that knife is mint. I think I've maybe taken it camping or something before, but not done anything with it.

Jesus, fifteen years. Holy cow I got old
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

I think I paid @$80 shipped for those 3.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List