Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W 627 Ejector Issue

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    You mean WW2?
    Yes.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Site Supporter
    I've owned and shot at least 35 post WW2 Smith revolvers. None of mine had rough chambers. Also I never heard this complaint from my prison system's range personnel. They ordered, received, and inspected 100's of model 65's. They found other problems though. One batch required factory fitters to visit the range. They repaired action issues with files and babbitt bars used as a hammer. In some instances they replaced parts. They worked with great speed.

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I've owned and shot at least 35 post WW2 Smith revolvers. None of mine had rough chambers. Also I never heard this complaint from my prison system's range personnel. They ordered, received, and inspected 100's of model 65's. They found other problems though. One batch required factory fitters to visit the range. They repaired action issues with files and babbitt bars used as a hammer. In some instances they replaced parts. They worked with great speed.
    Have you compared the chambers to those of pre-WWII S&W revolvers?
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    Have you compared the chambers to those of pre-WWII S&W revolvers?
    No.

My sample is not large enough to make a valid generalization from it to the universe of post WW2 chambers. One can only generalize that Willie's revolver chambers posed no problems. Also, the prison system training revolvers were fired with .38 wadcutter ammo only. The duty guns were never fired once they were assigned to prison units. However, all new guns were test fired before being shipped to the units.

User Tag List