Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much factory ammo do you have?

How much factory ammo do you have?

Just curious about the reloading crowd…how much factory ammo do you keep on hand? And if so, how much do you shoot factory compared to handloads in you’re most used guns?

I counted my stacks of 45 acp and 9mm at 750 rounds and 550 rounds respectively. 308, I have 100 rounds of factory and .223 I probably have 600 rounds in a couple of cans I probably won’t shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

About 100 rds of factory ammo. Most of it is SD loads. I load everything I shoot on a regular basis. I have a few thousand rds on hand for all of my firearms. Don't ask me how many because I don't know. When I tire of handloading I'll know it's time to sell the firearms.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Do you want my Social Security Number along with that info?😁

Target Sports ran the 147gn G2 for $400 a case and I bought it and split it up, but retained 400-500.
    I have some 223 ball, but probably need to get some better ammo for it and 300BO.

Buying ammo makes me feel kinda dirty, like I am cheating on my presses...

Site Supporter
    A lot of 9mm, I grab it when I see reasonably priced. ~20.00 for a box of 50 nowadays.
    Some of the training classes I have attended required factory ammo.

I haven't bought factory .45,.38 .380 or .357 in years.

Thinking of getting an AR, for the amount I will shoot it not sure if it's worth reloading it.
    I'll save my brass though just in case.

When I get the Dillon 1050 going for 9mm or 223 ammo, I put the loaded rounds in Home Depot 2 gal paint buckets with lids. I have others in which I store brass, both dirty, processed, and sorted by head stamp. 2 gal are liftable when full, whereas the 5 gal are not. I have a lot of buckets. A Lot.

The shelf with factory ammo is tiny by comparison.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

I have enough factory 9mm and 5.56mm ball to give most media outlets the vapors.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Do you want my Social Security Number along with that info?😁
    ATf/FBI would like you to fill out a short survey. It will Just take a few minutes.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Some 9mm and a little bit of 223. Most of what I have is for SD, I reload the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I have enough factory 9mm and 5.56mm ball to give most media outlets the vapors.
    I like your style.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    I don't have any ammo. I lost it all with the guns that went down in the boating accident.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

User Tag List