My late 90's G20.3 has been a gem, gobbled everything I've ever fed it in all kinds of weights and profiles, toss up between it & my late 90's Robar tweaked 1911 for the pistol that I own that I can eek out my best accuracy & was my primary edc when I lived in Big Sky some 15yrs ago...fekkin love my G20.

I actually went from the 180gr XTP to a custom loaded Silvertip back then. Can't find even archives of John Taffin's forum, but the folks there directed me to a guy loading them at a higher, more consistent velocity with a reputation for quality and a great price for 50rd boxes, not a clue who it was.

I carried that as my chambered round and alternated mags between that and some 200+gr gas checked, flat point that Double Tap used to offer. I fired some 200-300rds of each without issue. I'd swap mags based on whether my feet were on concrete or mother earth. Easily the most consistent I've ever been about carrying a second mag.

The sole G29.3 I had a fling with went back to the mother ship twice for reliability issues, once with a box of that ST. They fired 5 consecutive rounds, pronounced it Perfection and sent the pistol & remaining ammo back to me, not so much as a new mag spring.