Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dry Fire Mag

Quote Originally Posted by mostlyharmless View Post
    Hi Justcor

Do you have any feedback on the DryFireMag? Is it working for you? What kind of trigger pull does it have?

thanks
    I gave mine away. I didn't feel right actually charging the guy for it. Of course YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by justcor View Post
    I gave mine away. I didn't feel right actually charging the guy for it. Of course YMMV.
    Thanks justcor! I appreciate the response.

Quote Originally Posted by justcor View Post
    Mind me asking why you gave it away? What didn't you like about it?

Quote Originally Posted by nycnoob View Post
    this video shows the mechanism, start at the 2 minute mark.
    or here at the 3 minute mark
    the magazine contains a "clicker" which is timed to click when the cuniform begins to drop.
    Thanks for taking the time to find those markers in the video nycnoob! My issue is more that I watched the video several times and I still wasn't sure of the answer to my question

I am dumb when it comes to understanding mechanical devices.... Software somehow is easy, but hardware, not so much.

I hate resurrecting zombie threads…*but I am intrigued by this concept. I have been wondering if this doohickey and the laserlyte barrel assembly would give me the G19 sized SIRT I've been wanting. Has anyone tried this?

Serious zombi thread.

I have one of the mags and it's OK. It does an adequate job of simulating a trigger pull, but it's still not as accurate a representation as dry fire with snap cap. Go figure right. It does don1 thing well IMO: identify my retarded inability to isolate the movement of the index finger from the rest of the hand. This is especially true when doing repeated trigger pulls quickly. In that regard it helps me focus on nothing but index finger movement.

Not sure that it would activate a laser barrel. It's just a clicker vs the jarring movement of a striker impacting a cap or nothing.

User Tag List