Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Shooting in NY Subway

Mass Shooting in NY Subway

Looks like and multiple shot and several unexploded devices in Brooklyn. Unclear the number of wounded or fatalities.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/12/nypd-i...ubway-station/
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Explosive device seems to be a smoke grenade. Quite a difference now from when I was in 3rd grade and took the subways to elementary school. But wait, banning unregistered ghost guns is the solution to crime in NYC. Even the left leaning press thinks the ghost gun registration scheme is a trivial response to the problems. That's not to say that they oppose it but think it is nonstarter to solve urban crime increases.

Usual law enforcement experts on the tube saying nothing.

The subways were interesting. I used to take it to work in Manhattan. There was a guy with no lower body. He would wheel up to you on a platform and play the sax. If you didn't give him something he would play even louder. Talked to him and he said his biggest problem was that gang kids would push him (on his wheeled platform) down the stairs.

Whether this is a nut, terrorist, targeted gang or other targeted incident is yet to be determined.

I always ask OC types if they would OC in a butt to crotch subway car as compared to OC in Mayberry. One guy says a woman gave him an OC spray from her purse to use just in case.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 04-12-2022 at 09:55 AM.

Glenn, would you mind just staying on topic instead of editorializing while we're awaiting useful information on this event? Not every thread requires a diatribe.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Not really a diatribe, I have better. Just relax. A comment on current editorials and past experiences on the subway - not really a rant.

Damn that sucks. I cannot imagine how these people must have felt going through that. Really makes me think the priority of carrying a decent IFAK or stop the bleed kit might be a bit higher than it used to be.

Site Supporter
    "Smoke bombs" and a gas mask would make me worried about chemical or biological agents. Hope this is an isolated incident.

I carry everywhere legal and avoid where I can't, like NY for example.
    Strive to carry the handgun you would want anywhere, everywhere; forget that good area bullcrap.
    "Wouldn't want to / Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    "Smoke bombs" and a gas mask would make me worried about chemical or biological agents. Hope this is an isolated incident.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toky...y_sarin_attack
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Looks like and multiple shot and several unexploded devices in Brooklyn. Unclear the number of wounded or fatalities.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/12/nypd-i...ubway-station/
    Interesting that the suspect was initially described as

The suspect, described as a black male, approximately 5’5” with a heavy build, is still on the loose.
    But the suspect’s race has been removed from subsequent reports..

Now they are saying 29 injured, 10 shot.

Plus...
    The gunman’s Glock jammed in the midst of the bloodshed Tuesday morning — preventing him from causing more carnage, law enforcement sources told The Post.

Investigators recovered the jammed Glock and two extended magazines at the scene of the Brooklyn shooting.
    https://nypost.com/2022/04/12/brookl...of-nyc-attack/

User Tag List