Thread: Grantville, GA Gun Store Triple Murder and Robbery

Grantville, GA Gun Store Triple Murder and Robbery

Fucking wild one from yesterday not far from me, a Grantville GA gun store was robbed and three people inside were murdered. The victims were the stores owners and their son. I've covered a ton of gun store robberies and they're usually smash-and-grabs by idiots, and nothing about this feels like that. The shooter or shooters took the store's DVR/disc, took specific weapon types, and as noted cleaned the scene by murdering everyone present. They also made sure to hit the store when no one but the family/owners was there.

The ATF and GBI are on the case of course, and the 1-800-ATF-TIPS line is open for people with info about it.

What were the specific weapons type that was targeted?

Regardless, the perps need to fry.

Any time you see a robbery with this level of proficiency and target-specific knowledge, there was either an abnormally high amount of pre-operational surveillance, or it was done by someone that works there, or used to work there.

My money's on the latter.

Over a decade ago we had a pawn shop takedown similar to this, two murdered. They had done 3-4 surveillance passes and even done a pawn transaction if I remember correctly.

Turns out the DVD, cameras, and recorder they took out the door with them were backed up by a second recorder hidden in the store using a hidden camera. They are on death row now.

It does sound an awful lot like an inside job or some really deep surveillance.

This gun store is on a fairly lonely road with not much around, which is likely one of the more significant reasons it was targetted. On either end of the road is a fire station so there's hope maybe they have a camera at either location that could have seen cars coming and going, but there is a cross-road that could've been taken to minimize detection. I sincerely hope the folks responsible are caught and punished severely.

The news prompted our store to re-evaluate some practices and other things, such as no more folks coming in with balaclava-style or full-face coverings. We got fairly lenient because of all the COVID stuff, but this gave us a good reason to end that allowance. A surgical mask is one thing, something covering your whole face would've resulted in a gun pointed at you the second you walked in the door beforehand.

One of the biggest sad parts of this story is the owner's son, who also happens to be the county coroner, is the one who found the deceased.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post

One of the biggest sad parts of this story is the owner's son, who also happens to be the county coroner, is the one who found the deceased.
    And he is a good guy. His entire office is like a small family. I really hate this.

There's a lot of belief that those who work in death investigation are callous or desensitized to tragedy. And to some extent, that's probably true. But nothing can (or should) prepare you for finding both of your parents and your son dead at a scene like that.

I hope this is a quick one. And I have a feeling the wheels of justice in Coweta county turn a lot faster than the more urban areas of the state.

Its my understanding the third victim was the teenage grandson of the owners. Its my understanding that the coroner was the father of the young man and son of the elderly owners.

Simply horrible. Here's hoping that the perpetrators are caught and brought although summary justice would be a satisfactory outcome.

“Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List