Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Full frame Glock choice

The goal was battle belt/HD/competition and occasional carry. The 19 gets carried. My choice will be mos and get an rmr.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Where can I purchase from after that?

https://us.glock.com/en/dealer-locator-usa

https://gssf.pro/wp-content/uploads/...nformation.pdf

I believe you have to join GSSF for 2 years to get an immediate pistol purchase coupon. At the dealer locator link above click on blue label and that will show the dealers in your area once you enter the city and state. Confirm with the Blue label dealer they will take the GSSF coupon.

Perfect. My dealer is there. I tried joining. They gave me a verify link. Error. Tried it 3x. I’ll try on a lap top when I get home.

My buddy (grandmaster in production) urges me to do the g34. Dealer too. They’re both looking at it single mindedly as a comp only gun. I couldn’t go wrong with a 34/rmr though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Turns out Glock considers these competition pistols even without the top cut, can't say I disagree. There's just little reason to carry this over a smaller pistol in my mind other than sight radius and perhaps recoil.

Attachment 87468
    Pretty sure that doesn't matter how glock classifies them as.plenty of groups carry the g34.

I also think it is rated competition because the minus connector it comes with

Turns out Glock considers these competition pistols even without the top cut, can't say I disagree. There's just little reason to carry this over a smaller pistol in my mind other than sight radius and perhaps recoil.

Attachment 87468
    If you can carry a 19x, 45, or 17, a 34 is not very different

There's a reason why 34 length holsters get recommended for people carrying Glock 19s

Edit: also Glocks fundamentally work the same across models, the differences between the so called competition models and regular ones are pretty trivial aside from the slide/barrel length. They have slightly extended mag releases which I put on other Glocks that don't have them, they have extended slide releases which I remove and replace with regular ones, and they have plastic adjustable sights that go in the trash just like the non-adjustable plastic Glock sights. Many will come with the minus connector which is another neither here nor there change- you get a slightly lighter but less crisp break.
    Last edited by pastaslinger; 04-15-2022 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    If you can carry a 19x, 45, or 17, a 34 is not very different

There's a reason why 34 length holsters get recommended for people carrying Glock 19s

Edit: also Glocks fundamentally work the same across models, the differences between the so called competition models and regular ones are pretty trivial aside from the slide/barrel length. They have slightly extended mag releases which I put on other Glocks that don't have them, they have extended slide releases which I remove and replace with regular ones, and they have plastic adjustable sights that go in the trash just like the non-adjustable plastic Glock sights. Many will come with the minus connector which is another neither here nor there change- you get a slightly lighter but less crisp break.
    Yeah, I understand some like longer holsters for AIWB and rollout. If you are short torso person then you might prefer G19 length like myself. Point being they are no doubt best suited for competition and many would not see them as ideal for many other roles.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Pretty sure that doesn't matter how glock classifies them as.plenty of groups carry the g34.

I also think it is rated competition because the minus connector it comes with
    That rings a bell

Yeah, I understand some like longer holsters for AIWB and rollout. If you are short torso person then you might prefer G19 length like myself. Point being they are no doubt best suited for competition and many would not see them as ideal for many other roles.

That rings a bell
    It is weird to me they deem the minus connector competition. Legal department at work

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Perfect. My dealer is there. I tried joining. They gave me a verify link. Error. Tried it 3x. I’ll try on a lap top when I get home.
    I've looked at doing GSSF in the past, and the dealer list on Glock's website seems to show only general Glock dealers, not ones that will necessarily honor the GSSF coupons. I hear some areas have tons of dealers willing to do it, mine not so much. I would call the dealers in your area before buying the membership.

I see Glock 9mm as needing all the help it can get to stay reliable (limp wrist is a thing that happens) so anything that could detract from that is a major liability.
    I find this interesting. Most consider 9mm Glocks to be some of the most reliable combat-worthy pistols around, but you are right that it is a thing that happens. On the other hand, the G21 in .45 won't do it no matter how hard I've tried to get it to.

I remember a thread on an HK forum where a warranty repair person at HK revealed that Federal had a USP 45 with something like 297k rounds through it. Apparently the guy said that they hardly ever see .45 caliber HK's come in because they can power through most operator error, but the 9mm's are more susceptible to limp wristing. This seems to be the case with Glocks as well. I've often wondered if having a slightly higher recoiling pistol trades a little bit of shootability for greater reliability, being able to power through muck and grime as well as operator error.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    I find this interesting. Most consider 9mm Glocks to be some of the most reliable combat-worthy pistols around, but you are right that it is a thing that happens. On the other hand, the G21 in .45 won't do it no matter how hard I've tried to get it to.

I remember a thread on an HK forum where a warranty repair person at HK revealed that Federal had a USP 45 with something like 297k rounds through it. Apparently the guy said that they hardly ever see .45 caliber HK's come in because they can power through most operator error, but the 9mm's are more susceptible to limp wristing. This seems to be the case with Glocks as well. I've often wondered if having a slightly higher recoiling pistol trades a little bit of shootability for greater reliability, being able to power through muck and grime as well as operator error.

I think the same thing, but it seems like guns such as the P-07 can handle those issue just as well as the USP.

Maybe the Gen 5s are better than other Glocks in that arena.

User Tag List