Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Full frame Glock choice

G17 all day long.
    I have no idea what called forth the G45 variant, with its long grip and short barrel. Many favor it, but I have absolutely no use for it.

Less muzzle to bump the seat in patrol car or precinct desk.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I have a 19X, 19 and 17. A 19 has been my daily carry since 2010ish. I have carried the 17 and 19X and prefer them but they eat through my tshirts A LOT faster than a 19.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Just from the longer grip?

Site Supporter
    Bit of a ramble warning

If full frame is driving the train then I would go G34/Gen 5/MOS all day long.

I went from a 5 inch full sized 1911 to a Gen 3 G35 because all of my client agencies were shooting .40. As they are all starting to pivot to 9, I will undoubted start shooting the G34 more.
    If you can conceal a 1911, you can conceal a g34/g35. I fully acknowledge the Glock is a bit thicker. It is also a fair bit lighter.

I found that a G35 loaded with 165/180 Gold Dot and/or Lawman had the same or less felt recoil to me then my Gen 2 G19 with 124/127 +p rounds. As concealment was not an issue, felt recoil was not an issue , .40 cal was as good as 9mm for defensive purposes and that is what I could train w regularly, the G35 was a no brainer for me.

OTOH, the G34, was simply a much softer shooting platform with 9 mm+p relative to the G19, even more so with std pressure and with my "competition" handload of 4.3 of 231 with a 124 g plated bullet- well that is just real real soft and flat.

As the timer does not lie- My std cold range test is 5 rds on an 8 inch circle at 5 yds with a big step off line at the beep. I can routine fire 6 rounds of any 9mm in the time it takes me to fire 5 rounds of any factory .40 cal load.

By all accounts the Gen 4 and 5 models are said to shoot softer than Gen 3 models in both 9mm and .40. I believe that based on shooting Gen3 v Gen 4, w both G34s and G35s side by side on a few occasions courtesy of Spencer Keepers initially, and other going forward.

All of that to say- I would be quite surprised if the Gen 5 G34 is not the softest shooting 9/40/357 sig/10mm/.45 full sized pistol in the Glock arena.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Some say the g34 should be shot with just irons and a g45 should have a dot. We’re you shooting your 35 with irons only or does it have a dot?

Is it noticeable between the 45 and 34 using a dot and and follow up shot speeds?

Site Supporter
    Ameriglos Spartan Operators (iron sights only) across the board.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

That’s what is on my 19. Dont they hang off the back of the g34.5? Because the dovetail is further back. You’d need a different style rear sight.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Just from the longer grip?
    Yep. You'd think that the slight difference wouldn't matter much but I guess it does. I guess there's more contact with the seat

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I don't believe you can put the 19 slide on a 17 frame. The dust cover is too long and I don't believe the slide will be able to travel rearward enough to cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    @steve is correct. The 19, 19X and G45 share a common locking block(as does the G47, but that is Federal LE only at this time). You cannot move a 17/34 slide to the 19/X/45 locking blocks.
    Thanks for the correction. I overlooked the dust cover issue.

However, my understanding is the Gen 5 uses the same locking block for G19, G19X, G45, G17, and G34. Is that also wrong?

User Tag List