Thread: Let’s see, or hear about your Benelli M1’s

Let’s see, or hear about your Benelli M1’s

I have an old HK Benelli M1. Over the years, I’ve done some mods to it. I have a Freedom Fighter modified shell lifter, FF charging handle, AimTech saddle optic mount, GGG bolt release, Leupod DDP, a Triad Tactical cheek rest/riser, and my homemade stippling. The only thing I still want to do is shorten the stock.

I’d be interested to see other peoples M1’s, stock or modified!

Name:  7AB8F42C-4EE8-4596-A4EB-FF2915FB8A44.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  84.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Nice setup. I'd like to accessorize mine, but it's so difficult to find anything for an M1. I'd like a different and add ghost sights to the rear along with a few other modifications. Name:  IMG_7977.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  44.8 KB

I have a a mid-90s M1 Super 90 (pre-ban) pistol grip with rifle sights that has served me very well over the years as a fun gun, campsite protector and a coyote-buster. I added a factory tube extension as well. Fast, reliable, clean, and hard-recoiling. My only real complaint wish the stock length. I never really “knew” shorter was better, I thought it was just a me thing.

I picked up a 1301 last year and am now contemplating selling the Benelli. They’re going on GB for about what I paid for it.

My new 1301 is what made me realize how oversized the Benelli stock is!!! I have a thread going on my attempt to shorten the stock . Wish me luck!

I took one to Zambia. I shot a lion at first light with a .375 and followed up the lion with my M1 with Brenneke slugs. For years, we have had an M1 just inside the door of our remote cabin, for brown bear protection.

The operating system runs on pain, especially with Brennekes.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Poor cell phone pics:

Name:  IMG_20220428_140727482[1].jpg
Views: 231
Size:  34.4 KB

Name:  IMG_20220428_140757520[1].jpg
Views: 234
Size:  33.8 KB

I found this on the used rack at the Scheel's in Sioux City, IA about 10ish years ago.
    It was mislabeled as a 22" rifled slug barrel.
    What is actually is is an HK marked 18.5" smoothbore with rifle sights. Came with the +1 extension.

I swapped the standard stock for a Mesa Tactical Urbino with a Limbsaver pad and single-point sling mount.

I'd love to be able to find a Surefire forend, but may settle for screwing a small chunk of rail to the handguard recess between the barrel and mag tube.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List