Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It could have been one of *those* range days

Site Supporter
    Once a marine, always a marine.

So, I tried troubleshooting the 5.45 AR with a thorough cleaning and replacing the formerly upgraded extractor spring, along with an H2 buffer. It ran slightly better on that combo. On a hunch, I’d ordered a new 5.45 complete bolt and it arrived yesterday, as I was shooting. That bolt fixed everything. I can’t see any visual differences on the extractor and the bolt face is the same measurement between the two. I will check gas rings next. I should probably install this Strike Industries adjustable gas block that I’ve got lying around as well.

Anyway, at least it’s running again.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post
    Once a marine, always a marine.
    Muscles
    Are
    Required
    Intelligence
    Not
    Expected
    #RESIST

I just had a squib the other day. The tip of the 200gr swc was just protruding from the end of the barrel.

Mother fucker. Thank God it was an auto so I trimmed an oak sapling to .44 caliber with my essee 3 and pounded it out and kept going.

I was a 20minute walk from my car and a 5 minute drive home. It could have been really annoying instead of just kinda annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    So, I tried troubleshooting the 5.45 AR with a thorough cleaning and replacing the formerly upgraded extractor spring, along with an H2 buffer. It ran slightly better on that combo. On a hunch, I’d ordered a new 5.45 complete bolt and it arrived yesterday, as I was shooting. That bolt fixed everything. I can’t see any visual differences on the extractor and the bolt face is the same measurement between the two. I will check gas rings next. I should probably install this Strike Industries adjustable gas block that I’ve got lying around as well.

Anyway, at least it’s running again.
    MGS

Magic gun syndrome

I hate stuff not working but I really fucking hate when I don't know why.

User Tag List