Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Radian Weapons Afterburner / Ramjet - Glock 19 Barrel and Compensator

The POI difference doesn't seem unrealistic to me since it's an entirely different barrel, unless we are talking about a radical shift... couldn't something as simple as it locking up slightly differently with the slide, as compared to the OEM barrel, create a POI drift?

YVK also experienced a POI shift similar to what I reported. My Mayhem Syndicate barrels and comps have no material POI shift.

Turns out the aluminum Chipwiz plate had a loose screw, so I have the 509T off waiting for an OEM steel plate, so I may get a chance to shoot it without the weight of the 509T on the slide. Hope to try the Radian in a few other of my G5 19 pistols too.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    YVK also experienced a POI shift similar to what I reported. My Mayhem Syndicate barrels and comps have no material POI shift.

Turns out the aluminum Chipwiz plate had a loose screw, so I have the 509T off waiting for an OEM steel plate, so I may get a chance to shoot it without the weight of the 509T on the slide. Hope to try the Radian in a few other of my G5 19 pistols too.
    E6000 to reduce vibration in mounting plates, especially with the large and heavy mailbox optics.

Definitely the weight of it on the slide robs margin.

On aggressively comped Glocks with sizable optics, I use an 11# spring so not surprised that 115gr target ammo needs something lower than 15.

Personally I’ve had all positive experiences with chipwiz products and Service. They took one of my 2.0 core models to spec the rmr adapter when it was learned that the optic cut is 50 Thousandths longer than the 1.0.

They shipped my gun back overnight to me, with complimentary plates etc. always kind when I’ve called.

I can’t help but notice the seemingly 50/50 nature of satisfaction that other have had with them

Not that a loose screw is their fault. Just an observation of related components in the mix

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Personally I’ve had all positive experiences with chipwiz products and Service. They took one of my 2.0 core models to spec the rmr adapter when it was learned that the optic cut is 50 Thousandths longer than the 1.0.

They shipped my gun back overnight to me, with complimentary plates etc. always kind when I’ve called.

I can’t help but notice the seemingly 50/50 nature of satisfaction that other have had with them

Not that a loose screw is their fault. Just an observation of related components in the mix
    I am about 80/20 good with them. Seems like a few years back they grew too fast for their ability to deliver, but lately they seem to be doing good stuff, on time.

Just back from the range.

The first thing I did was shoot the G5 19/509T pistol, that wouldn't run with the Radian comp, now that I put the OEM barrel back in. It ran perfectly, although the point of impact was enough different to matter. With the OEM barrel, my POI was low left, meaning the Radian shoots high right. I purposefully rubbed my thumb on the slide and no issues. One thing I noticed at the end of shooting it, was the 509T had some wobble when I yarded on it, and I will investigate later.

Then I shot a stockish G5 19 with iron sights, no optic, with the Radian and the 15 pound RSA. It ran with 115 Blazer brass, even when I intentionally dragged my support thumb on the slide. Then I replaced the 15 pound RSA with the OEM RSA, and even dragging my thumb, it functioned fine with Blazer 115, AE 115 and AE 147. When I shot a few groups with it, the Radian was also hitting high right, even though the iron sights were spot on with the OEM barrel.

At this point, I don't know what to think. Some tolerance stacking in the one G19, something about the weight of the 509T, or something else?
    Just back from the range. My wife only half jokingly said, "you are gathering PF info, one malfunction at a time."

I shot the G19 MOS with the 509T that has been choking with the Radian, WITHOUT the optic, but with the Radian barrel and comp. First with the 15 pound RSA, with my support thumb on the slide. It ran. Repeated the same with the OEM RSA and it ran with 115 AE and Blazer. That was puzzling.

Next, I put the 509T on, and started having malfunctions. It appears that the combination of the Radian and 509T isn't happy.

Just back from the range. My wife only half jokingly said, "you are gathering PF info, one malfunction at a time."

I shot the G19 MOS with the 509T that has been choking with the Radian, WITHOUT the optic, but with the Radian barrel and comp. First with the 15 pound RSA, with my support thumb on the slide. It ran. Repeated the same with the OEM RSA and it ran with 115 AE and Blazer. That was puzzling.

Next, I put the 509T on, and started having malfunctions. It appears that the combination of the Radian and 509T isn't happy.
    Why is it puzzling? A compensator slows the slide speed down. More weight on the slide (optic) slows the slide speed down. The Glock RSA was designed for a slide without an optic.

So slow the slide with a compensator, slow it some more with an optic and slow it some more by dragging a finger on it and it doesn’t run with even as little as a 15#.

Go down to 11# and a slide with optic will increase slide speed again. Whether it starts having issues the other direction (FTRB) is unknown if you like to drag fingers.

This is where slide lightening cuts can come into play if you need to offset the weight of the optic.

Thread drift, but this has me wondering why Glock went AWAY from slide cuts on the Gen5 MOS 34. There can't be that much weight shaved by making the MOS cut that it needed to be offset by leaving the slide closed, can there? I'm thinking along the lines that JCN is - even if the cut reduced the weight of the slide enough to make a difference, adding a plate and optic on there is certainly going to more than make up the difference, no?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Thread drift, but this has me wondering why Glock went AWAY from slide cuts on the Gen5 MOS 34. There can't be that much weight shaved by making the MOS cut that it needed to be offset by leaving the slide closed, can there? I'm thinking along the lines that JCN is - even if the cut reduced the weight of the slide enough to make a difference, adding a plate and optic on there is certainly going to more than make up the difference, no?
    The Glock OEM plate cover itself weighs 1.4 ounces, according to google, so many optic/plate combos with an aluminum plate or direct milled are a negligible increase in weight.

Here is a link to a review of the PMM micro comp but IMO the information would also apply to the Radian Weapons comp.

https://youtu.be/rqYaCkylZaQ

User Tag List