Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Radian Weapons Afterburner / Ramjet - Glock 19 Barrel and Compensator

Does anyone have any experience to share finding from retention (high pectoral index as Craig teaches it) with one of these attached? Would very much value that feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A57460
    CTC lasers : Pistols = ABS : automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This afternoon, I pulled the comp off the Radian barrel, to test reliability. Same AE 115 ammo. It ran fine with the comp off. Put the comp back on, and had intermittent stoppages, similar to yesterday. After some shooting, and observing, I realized the stoppages occurred any time my support thumb touched the slide. My support thumb is on the ledge of the frame, just below the slide, but occasionally my thumb rides up some. That is a non issue on the Mayhem and stock barrels for me, suggesting the Radian, at least on this G5 19, is on the edge of function, using the OEM RSA.

It is hard for me to accurately compare the Radian to the Mayhem, as I have so many rounds with a Mayhem and am used to how it cycles. My initial gut feeling is that it does slightly more than the Mayhem, based on the shooting I did yesterday and today, plus the stoppages suggests to me the Radian is doing more.

My sense is, a lighter recoil spring will be necessary in case I brush against the slide. That leads to other issues, so given how well the Mayhem works, I am not sure the juice is worth the squeeze.
    Are you having FRB or FTE stoppages? If FRB then heavier recoil spring needed, FTE would suggest lighter spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Are you having FRB or FTE stoppages? If FRB then heavier recoil spring needed, FTE would suggest lighter spring.
    Next cartridge is nose up, base of the cartridge under the breach face. Sure seems like it needs a lighter recoil spring.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Next cartridge is nose up, base of the cartridge under the breach face. Sure seems like it needs a lighter recoil spring.
    So it's having no problem or signs of trouble ejecting at all? You suspect that the slice velocity is too fast during the forward motion?

Does this pistol sport an optic? It's hard to be certain without taking some high speed camera footage side by side w/ the stock barrel alongside the problem comp/barrel/load.

https://pistolwizard.com/static/img/...pring-7-18.mp4

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    So it's having no problem or signs of trouble ejecting at all? You suspect that the slice velocity is too fast during the forward motion?

Does this pistol sport an optic?
    Pistol has a 509T on it.

Gen 5 19 pistols have, per my source at the factory, a heavier recoil spring weight than Gen 4 19 pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

15 would probably be a good compromise with still enough power to return the slide but just a little less stiff to allow some margin.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17340564593...id=26042429185

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    15 would probably be a good compromise with still enough power to return the slide but just a little less stiff to allow some margin.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17340564593...id=26042429185
    What is the factory spring weight? I've seen recommendations to go no more than 3 lb. below the factory with Glock. Therein lies the true problem, IMO. One spring I do not want to ever mess with in most carry pistols is the one that sets off the firing pin. I feel many are overoptimistic when it comes to downloading those springs to lighten pull weights, sure they work under ideal conditions but I feel the factories build in the extra strength knowing you can't ever guarantee ideal conditions.

https://pistolwizard.com/guides/barrel/compensator#tuning

I have two identically set up 19X/45 with PMM’s dual port. With stock recoil and striker springs both exhibited the exact same malfunction GJM described when running the stock recoil spring and standard pressure ammo of all weights (incl HST/GD standard pressure). 15lb recoil spring assembly from NDZ (still stock striker) resolved all issues and I’ve run 20+ matches with the set-up. If I was planning to run +P I’d go back to stock spring.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Here is another Radian Afterburner Ramjet Glock Comp review. I currently have one of these on my Gen 4 based Shadow Systems MR920 pistol, and like in the review mine has also been 100% reliable with the ammo I have run through mine. I am pretty sure we will probably see these available for the Glock 43,43x and the Shadow Systems CR920 pistols at some point, since they all have the same barrel length. I think we may also see one for the standard 3.1" barreled Sig P365 and maybe the P365XL version also. FYI, there barrels have no LCI machined into the barrel hood, which great helps with carbon blow back on your pistol optic lens.

https://youtu.be/7A-NWdEKK1k
    Last edited by Biggy; 08-14-2022 at 04:52 PM.

I really want to try one of these. A Gen 3 on my Brownells slide. Then I’ll do a side by side comparison between the Ramjet and the PMM Ultra JTTC.

Now I gotta save my pennies.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List