Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Radian Weapons Afterburner / Ramjet - Glock 19 Barrel and Compensator

Quote Originally Posted by JTPHD View Post
    I’ve just installed this on a MR920. Is it normal for the slide to come in contact with the comp when returning to battery? The slide appears to make contact with the comp near the end of the cycle and both units move together until lockup. I torqued the screw to the recommended specs, and the pistol chambers a round with no issues. Just don’t want to beat up my slide unnecessarily if this is abnormal. TIA!
    Comps do not usually contact the slide at any point... Close but not touching. As far as I'm aware anyway... There are about a million options now days.

Folks-tossing this out there:
    Does anyone have ideas or procedures for cleaning the comps? I seem to recall some cautions about not scraping/damaging anodizing, but didn't find anything searching.
    Any information would be appreciated.
    FWIW, did a little more shooting with the Radian system today-50 rounds on drills with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Folks-tossing this out there:
    Does anyone have ideas or procedures for cleaning the comps? I seem to recall some cautions about not scraping/damaging anodizing, but didn't find anything searching.
    Any information would be appreciated.
    FWIW, did a little more shooting with the Radian system today-50 rounds on drills with no issues.
    The radian is basically one huge up port. That’s why it’s pretty darn effective.

Name:  98D94109-905F-4FC4-A3D8-75F1D06A6DEB.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  31.3 KB

And why it’s going to behave differently than the Mayhem.

On the up side… it probably will NEVER need cleaning since it’s just a huge port. It’s not going to have eddy current deposits like some of these small hole, multi baffle compensators.

I like it

I haven’t shot Glocks in forever, but with the hump reduction it indexes sooooo nicely for me now.

Afterburner works.

Hit factor was upper 7s. Mainly alphas, some Charlie’s.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I haven’t shot Glocks in forever, but with the hump reduction it indexes sooooo nicely for me now.

Afterburner works.

Hit factor was upper 7s. Mainly alphas, some Charlie’s.
    At the very end of the clip it looked like the slide didn't go into battery? Recoil spring issue?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    At the very end of the clip it looked like the slide didn't go into battery? Recoil spring issue?
    That was the very weakest ammo that required a VERY weak spring that basically had no margin with that ammo and I knew it. It was just a test run to convince myself that it wouldn’t have enough margin.

As per previous discussions, there is no free lunch and you’d have to lighten the slide or shoot hotter ammo to get back margin.

Since then I’ve chosen to increase ammo power and spring rate.

Physics is physics. There’s always a trade off.

Totally got it. Worked really well right up to that point, so for a game gun, if that's the only time it bobbled, what's the harm.

Of course, I'm a "kilt on da streetz" guy, so that would make me WILDLY uncomfortable - so I'd probably sell the whole thing and start over. No one ever accused me of rationality!

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Totally got it. Worked really well right up to that point, so for a game gun, if that's the only time it bobbled, what's the harm.

Of course, I'm a "kilt on da streetz" guy, so that would make me WILDLY uncomfortable - so I'd probably sell the whole thing and start over. No one ever accused me of rationality!
    I think that’s reasonable for equipment that absolutely needs more margin and most people don’t have the ability to test it in compromised conditions.

I’ve had enough experience in testing limits of things that work “fine” on a square range when clean, but choke when that sliver of margin gets eaten up by movement or transition or dirt.

So I usually try and keep a 20% margin or so in the system.

As for LEO using compensators in the field, it may work fine in square range testing but there WILL be a decrease in the operating margin when adding OEM spring and a heavy optic unless the system has been specifically engineered for that.

If I were a LEO, I wouldn’t run a compensator with an optic on a Glock even with +P ammo unless my department let me use a 15 pound spring.

If your spring is too heavy, the gun doesn’t run.
    If the spring is too light (but still 15#+) all you get is a little frame battering with super high round counts when using HOT ammo.

99 pts, 4x in 8.69s at 10 yards holstered

Name:  74B484D5-3295-4E12-94B0-2D674585C579.jpg
Views: 1042
Size:  97.3 KB

8.69 seconds on “The Test” from a holster.

99 pts with 4x, shot just once.

I attribute the vertical stringing to the ACSS reticle that isn’t precise at those distances where you’re trying to put the general part of the chevron in the target.

@Clusterfrack

I like it very much for distance and for larger targets.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Name:  74B484D5-3295-4E12-94B0-2D674585C579.jpg
Views: 1042
Size:  97.3 KB

8.69 seconds on “The Test” from a holster.

99 pts with 4x, shot just once.

I attribute the vertical stringing to the ACSS reticle that isn’t precise at those distances where you’re trying to put the general part of the chevron in the target.

@Clusterfrack

I like it very much for distance and for larger targets.
    Good shooting! I like that ACSS also. Do you have the big circle turned on? If so, thoughts?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List