Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: Radian Weapons Afterburner / Ramjet - Glock 19 Barrel and Compensator

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    Thinking about picking one up along with the recoil spring, are these legal in IDPA for carry optics?

Thanks
    Steve
    No. CO is basically ESP with approved optics. Threaded or pinned on comps are no bueno.

Name:  IMG_3410.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  33.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3411.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  67.6 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Lon,

Thank you, looks like a G47 is in my future

Lon,

Thank you, looks like a G47 is in my future
    Send it off to Monsoon Tactical for their Lucky 7 ports. Legal for IDPA and works better than the Radian. I’ve had both. Sold the Radian.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Thinking about picking one up along with the recoil spring, are these legal in IDPA for carry optics?

Thanks
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    No. CO is basically ESP with approved optics. Threaded or pinned on comps are no bueno.

Name:  IMG_3410.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  33.9 KB
    @Lon that’s not correct by current standards. As allowed at world shoot, basically any type of compensator goes now. Even screw on.

Radian is GTG.

Behold, the current rulebook… notice how the section now removed the screw on verbiage.
    Name:  IMG_5126.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  88.0 KB
    Last edited by JCN; 11-23-2023 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    @Lon that’s not correct by current standards. As allowed at world shoot, basically any type of compensator goes now. Even screw on.

Radian is GTG.

Behold, the current rulebook… notice how the section now removed the screw on verbiage.
    Name:  IMG_5126.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  88.0 KB
    Huh. When they do that? I downloaded the 2023 rules a couple months ago and saved them. And I didn’t see that on the list of changes on the website?

Oh, well. Thanks. I’ll download the newest 2023 rules.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Just got one of the Blem radian ramjet/afterburner combos a month or so ago and have put about 400rd through it with no feed issues with the stock recoil spring. Did have some failures to lock back (inconsistent) but this range trip I switched my grip a little and voila, no issues whatsoever. Absolutely love this thing, and plan to get my g19 milled for a dot here soon.

Bump.

I joined the club. Shot the ABRJ on a G45, mostly stock except for a GPT.

The good:
    - 100% function with what I considered High, Medium, and Low energy ammo. Speer 147gr, LAX 124gr (1065fps), and finally Syntech 150gr/Red Lipstick
    - Accuracy seemed good at 25 yards

The less good:
    - POI Shift high and right

Eyeballing the back of my G45, maybe the rear is drifted a hair to the right, so drifting it left may line up with the RJAB. Does that mean the standard Glock barrel shot left... and low?

Here is the target. Shot with irons and LAX 124gr. Yeah, I had 2 high flyers. I'll be honest, I thought this was a great group shooting with irons. I expected it to be worse!

I am probably going to ship off the slide for an Acro direct mill. Then I need to figure out the correct BUIS once its all together.

EDIT: I may hold off and try and shoot the Triarc barrel I have. Just curious to see where it prints at 25 yards.
    Last edited by rayrevolver; 02-26-2024 at 04:29 PM.

I reached out to Radian last week to see if a G26 version was in the works. Sadly no.

A CCO sized comped 26 with a 19 length slide and comp would definitely scratch an itch.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Bump.

The good:
    - 100% function with what I considered High, Medium, and Low energy ammo. Speer 147gr, LAX 124gr (1065fps), and finally Syntech 150gr/Red Lipstick

The less good:

Eyeballing the back of my G45, maybe the rear is drifted a hair to the right, so drifting it left may line up with the RJAB. Does that mean the standard Glock barrel shot left... and low?

Here is the target. Shot with irons and LAX 124gr. Yeah, I had 2 high flyers. I'll be honest, I thought this was a great group shooting with irons. I expected it to be worse!

I am probably going to ship off the slide for an Acro direct mill. Then I need to figure out the correct BUIS once its all together.

EDIT: I may hold off and try and shoot the Triarc barrel I have. Just curious to see where it prints at 25 yards.
    POI shift with a comp is common. It could be something mechanical changing the POI, but it’s usually the shooter.

Normal solution is Re-zero and drive on.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Bump.

The good:

The less good:

I don’t think those sorts of shifts from barrel to barrel are particularly crazy

User Tag List