Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Radian Weapons Afterburner / Ramjet - Glock 19 Barrel and Compensator

Thank goodness you didn't overreact to some light natured humor..

Bump, looks like these might be getting into the wild soon. Considering a backorder with Optics Planet but saw something that these might be offered with different finishes, which gives me pause.

Anybody hear anything about release dates? I heard Q1 but that ship has obviously sailed and were on the verge of getting into Q3 at this point.

I was also thinking about this design more, can't help but wonder how durable these will be compared to traditional threaded barrel and compensator. Looks like a lot of metal removed on the end of barrel and while the taper screw makes it easy to take apart, does it mean weaker than a threaded barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Bump, looks like these might be getting into the wild soon. Considering a backorder with Optics Planet but saw something that these might be offered with different finishes, which gives me pause.

Anybody hear anything about release dates? I heard Q1 but that ship has obviously sailed and were on the verge of getting into Q3 at this point.

I was also thinking about this design more, can't help but wonder how durable these will be compared to traditional threaded barrel and compensator. Looks like a lot of metal removed on the end of barrel and while the taper screw makes it easy to take apart, does it mean weaker than a threaded barrel?
    Maybe it's weaker in a "Smash it with a hammer" test but why does it need to be super strong? It gets blasted by propellant and rocked by recoil but that's about it.
    I wish I had the spare dough to just grab one when they are available for a future project.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Maybe it's weaker in a "Smash it with a hammer" test but why does it need to be super strong? It gets blasted by propellant and rocked by recoil but that's about it.
    I wish I had the spare dough to just grab one when they are available for a future project.
    Mainly thinking if the gun gets dropped on the muzzle, is it going to work after taking impacts that can happen in the course of fighting?

I don't care for destruction testing really but would love to know how exactly it was tested and what it can endure without locking the gun up or affecting accuracy somehow.

What are the chances they’ll make this for P365?

I really want to put a comp on mine but threaded barrels are illegal here 🙄 I feel like maybe it’s possible since they’re probably the most popular behind glock (or at least I can hope)

Quote Originally Posted by zpelletier View Post

I really want to put a comp on mine but threaded barrels are illegal here 🙄 I feel like maybe it’s possible since they’re probably the most popular behind glock (or at least I can hope)
    consider getting yours ported instead

Site Supporter

Wouldn't it have to be a shorter barrel to work with a P365 slide? Since they are using the P365 barrel with the longer slide.
    I'd like to see one made for the G19 with a G17 slide.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Wouldn't it have to be a shorter barrel to work with a P365 slide? Since they are using the P365 barrel with the longer slide.
    I'd like to see one made for the G19 with a G17 slide.
    What?

AFAIK, this is a 19 length slide with a longer barrel and comp (making it the same length as a 17)
    I’d love to see this for a P365 (so a longer barrel and comp coming in around the same length as an XL)

What?

AFAIK, this is a 19 length slide with a longer barrel and comp (making it the same length as a 17)
    I’d love to see this for a P365 (so a longer barrel and comp coming in around the same length as an XL)
    Radian reps have said there will be more models to follow, obviously Glock is most popular so it comes first.

#RESIST

User Tag List