Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Radian Weapons Afterburner / Ramjet - Glock 19 Barrel and Compensator

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Why the Radian guide rod -- you think the stock RSA won't be reliable, or are you just wanting to tune?

I have come full circle on a comp on a 9 carry gun. Now that I grip less with my strong hand, which allows better trigger speed and precision, I find the comp helpful especially with a dot.
    Using 124gr FMJ range ammo, 124gr +P Gold Dot and 147gr Federal HST standard pressure FMJ HP, I may have to tune for reliability. It is also a very well made RSA package and very easy to swap springs.

Got mine for the G19x today. Interesting design, looking forward to shooting it. The Radian setup adds 20% of weight over stock barrel, curious to see how it will run. Planning on trying all kinds of ammo.

Are you all setting the screw on a loctite? The instructions do not mention it.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Does it actually work with weaker ammo or does it short stroke? A couple of years ago I ordered a Qube comp, and when shooting full fat 124/147 it works great...shooting practice grade 115 (WWB, etc), it falls flat and short strokes.

Though now I'm wondering if it's more specifically an issue with that specific comp, since I don't see that CGS makes them anymore, hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Got mine for the G19x today. Interesting design, looking forward to shooting it. The Radian setup adds 20% of weight over stock barrel, curious to see how it will run. Planning on trying all kinds of ammo.

I will only be using loctite if needed, but I don’t think it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Using 124gr FMJ range ammo, 124gr +P Gold Dot and 147gr Federal HST standard pressure FMJ HP, I may have to tune for reliability. It is also a very well made RSA package and very easy to swap springs.
    You likely already have an easy tune set-up. On Shadow’s tech Tuesday series they have touted the ability to quickly/easily change recoil springs on their guide rod using the Allen head on the end and a cross pin hole on the guide rod. Pretty sure they’re using ISMI standard springs.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

I had a couple, three days with one of these last summer as part of a media event for Crimson Trace - the comp was on a media embargo at the time. I liked it, it worked with the G19 it came on. Maybe 200, 250 rounds through it. Function-wise, it far exceeded the KKM bbl/comp I bought that I've never been able to get to work for even a full magazine's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    You likely already have an easy tune set-up. On Shadow’s tech Tuesday series they have touted the ability to quickly/easily change recoil springs on their guide rod using the Allen head on the end and a cross pin hole on the guide rod. Pretty sure they’re using ISMI standard springs.
    I know.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post

IMHO, when tapered male and female connections are being used. A light to medium snug is all that is needed to keep things tight, loctite should not be needed or necessary. IMO, it is kind of the same for AR suppressor mount muzzle devices that utilize a taper, the opposing tapers are what keeps things tight. Loctite if needed, and I personally would not overly tighten the screw on this system, because over time it **could** be a bitch to get loose.
    Last edited by Biggy; 07-25-2022 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    IMHO, when tapered male and female connections are being used. A light to medium snug is all that is needed to keep things tight, loctite should not be needed or necessary. The same for AR suppressor mount muzzle devices that utilize a taper. I personally would not overly tighten the screw on this system.
    @Biggy : do you know if there is a torque spec for the screw?

Speaking to functioning, pressure is critical to cycling. We went through this decades ago in IPSC(not much new under the sun). It’s a balance of pressure, spring weight, weapon condition(really dirty?) and shooter platform. It follows that higher pressure ammo, like +P, would make the weapon function better and the comp work more efficiently.
    I admit this has me interested, because of the compactness of the package and company reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Well, I don't drink coffee but your post could be taken as rather trollish so I figured I'd throw it out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    @Biggy : do you know if there is a torque spec for the screw?

Speaking to functioning, pressure is critical to cycling. We went through this decades ago in IPSC(not much new under the sun). It’s a balance of pressure, spring weight, weapon condition(really dirty?) and shooter platform. It follows that higher pressure ammo, like +P, would make the weapon function better and the comp work more efficiently.
    I admit this has me interested, because of the compactness of the package and company reputation.
    15 *inch* pounds is the correct torque spec on the screw, no loctite needed. If need be, this system is easy to tune for 100% reliability for whatever range ammo or defensive carry ammo you are using, especially on the Shadow System MR918 and MR920 pistols, or using the Radian Arms tunable RSA for Glock 19 series pistols. Also, I hear they will be making this comp system available for other pistols in the future.

User Tag List