Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Radian Weapons Afterburner / Ramjet - Glock 19 Barrel and Compensator

Got a chance to put 150 of 115 AE through the Ramjet/afterburner combo. No issues. I ran a lot of bill drills to try and push it.

So far so good. 115 Blazer, S&B, and PMC bronze all good to go as well. 100-200 of each of those.

Hopefully it stays this way over time.

My NDZ 15 pound RSA arrived today, I popped it into the G5 19 MOS/509T/Radian pistol and headed to the range in high 40's and moderate rain. Did I say it was miserable out.

Shooting 115 range ammo, I frequently got the same malfunctions I was experiencing with the OEM RSA. Here is what they looked like:

Name:  DEB4D6BD-0C8B-4F0E-92AA-EB47FDEAE845.jpg
Views: 1210
Size:  46.6 KB

Name:  10E0DA60-6422-43F8-9BD5-CBEC3A6B84E6.jpg
Views: 1942
Size:  77.5 KB

If I consciously brought my support thumb down it seemed to run, but if I even lightly brushed the slide with my support thumb, I hit a malfunction every time. Not sure what I have going on, but it isn't encouraging.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If I consciously brought my support thumb down it seemed to run, but if I even lightly brushed the slide with my support thumb, I hit a malfunction every time. Not sure what I have going on, but it isn't encouraging.
    You might also need to go lower than 15# if you tend to drag slide (you can cut a coil off the 15# to lighten it) and keep things clean and oiled until it breaks in.
    Last edited by JCN; 08-19-2022 at 06:16 AM.

My NDZ 15 pound RSA arrived today, I popped it into the G5 19 MOS/509T/Radian pistol and headed to the range in high 40's and moderate rain. Did I say it was miserable out.

Shooting 115 range ammo, I frequently got the same malfunctions I was experiencing with the OEM RSA. Here is what they looked like:

That sucks. I can't get to the range with all the activities around here to test mine until after the state match. Unfortunately they usually do not have a function test bay. Otherwise it would've been an easy way of testing things by you shooting my Radian setup. You should try yours in another G19, and I could even send you my barrel and comp to play with.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

That is the same malfunction I had with the PMM 2 port with factory spring- resolved with the 15lb NDZ. Do you have a 13lb you could try?
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

How many rounds have you put through this setup now?

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    How many rounds have you put through this setup now?
    Approximately 150. Spoke to Caleb in CS at Radian. Super nice guy. We agreed that I would try the barrel and comp in another G5 19, and if problems persist they will replace mine with a new one.

Just back from the range.

The first thing I did was shoot the G5 19/509T pistol, that wouldn't run with the Radian comp, now that I put the OEM barrel back in. It ran perfectly, although the point of impact was enough different to matter. With the OEM barrel, my POI was low left, meaning the Radian shoots high right. I purposefully rubbed my thumb on the slide and no issues. One thing I noticed at the end of shooting it, was the 509T had some wobble when I yarded on it, and I will investigate later.

Then I shot a stockish G5 19 with iron sights, no optic, with the Radian and the 15 pound RSA. It ran with 115 Blazer brass, even when I intentionally dragged my support thumb on the slide. Then I replaced the 15 pound RSA with the OEM RSA, and even dragging my thumb, it functioned fine with Blazer 115, AE 115 and AE 147. When I shot a few groups with it, the Radian was also hitting high right, even though the iron sights were spot on with the OEM barrel.

At this point, I don't know what to think. Some tolerance stacking in the one G19, something about the weight of the 509T, or something else?

Some tolerance stacking in the one G19, something about the weight of the 509T, or something else?
    I remember saying tolerance stacking into the phone yesterday but since I don't really know what that means, I'll take "something else". 509T should not be any heavier than my acro p2, should it?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Just back from the range.

The first thing I did was shoot the G5 19/509T pistol, that wouldn't run with the Radian comp, now that I put the OEM barrel back in. It ran perfectly, although the point of impact was enough different to matter. With the OEM barrel, my POI was low left, meaning the Radian shoots high right. I purposefully rubbed my thumb on the slide and no issues. One thing I noticed at the end of shooting it, was the 509T had some wobble when I yarded on it, and I will investigate later.

Then I shot a stockish G5 19 with iron sights, no optic, with the Radian and the 15 pound RSA. It ran with 115 Blazer brass, even when I intentionally dragged my support thumb on the slide. Then I replaced the 15 pound RSA with the OEM RSA, and even dragging my thumb, it functioned fine with Blazer 115, AE 115 and AE 147. When I shot a few groups with it, the Radian was also hitting high right, even though the iron sights were spot on with the OEM barrel.

At this point, I don't know what to think. Some tolerance stacking in the one G19, something about the weight of the 509T, or something else?
    I was going to suggest the optic weight could affect things here, take it off and see if it makes a difference. The POI difference is somewhat surprising but it could be a product of the comp design, etc.

User Tag List