Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: Radian Weapons Afterburner / Ramjet - Glock 19 Barrel and Compensator

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I reached out to Radian last week to see if a G26 version was in the works. Sadly no.

A CCO sized comped 26 with a 19 length slide and comp would definitely scratch an itch.
    That’s a bummer. Not stating anything out of the ordinary here, but the 26 doesn’t get the love it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    POI shift with a comp is common. It could be something mechanical changing the POI, but it’s usually the shooter.

Normal solution is Re-zero and drive on.
    Thinking about this, I really haven't owned many aftermarket Glock barrels and this is my first aftermarket comp in a very long time.

Like you said, doesn't matter. G45 is back with a direct milled Acro on top. Surprisingly, the Ameriglo Agents that came installed (this was a G45 Talo) are peek-a-boo usable, but my spare Agent MOS rear was loose. Just swapped them with a 10-8 rear (with set screw) and .245 Wilson front.

Another 120 rounds or so with the Acro installed. No issues and ejection seems robust. This is with the standard recoil spring.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Thinking about this, I really haven't owned many aftermarket Glock barrels and this is my first aftermarket comp in a very long time.

Like you said, doesn't matter. G45 is back with a direct milled Acro on top. Surprisingly, the Ameriglo Agents that came installed (this was a G45 Talo) are peek-a-boo usable, but my spare Agent MOS rear was loose. Just swapped them with a 10-8 rear (with set screw) and .245 Wilson front.

Another 120 rounds or so with the Acro installed. No issues and ejection seems robust. This is with the standard recoil spring.
    It’s been common with KKM comps in Glocks / “Roland Special” builds.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I reached out to Radian last week to see if a G26 version was in the works. Sadly no.

A CCO sized comped 26 with a 19 length slide and comp would definitely scratch an itch.
    I did see that there will be P365 version coming out next, looks to be for the standard short P365 slide.

I believe this would be an interesting combo w/ Macro lower and magazines, thinking of going this route with mine once they drop. I had a feeling P365 would be next considering popularity of that model.

Note there's a photo here w/ Macro lower on P365 upper with their comp/barrel setup.

https://radianweapons.com/en/2464272/backstrap-magwell

Quote Originally Posted by RealSelf View Post
    I did see that there will be P365 version coming out next, looks to be for the standard short P365 slide.

I believe this would be an interesting combo w/ Macro lower and magazines, thinking of going this route with mine once they drop. I had a feeling P365 would be next considering popularity of that model.

Note there's a photo here w/ Macro lower on P365 upper with their comp/barrel setup.

I’m considering doing the same build just to see how it turns out.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

For what it is worth a pmm comped p365 runs on timer same as a non comp p365 xl for me

The tradeoff in reliability wasn't worth it for me

Am tempted to try a comped p365xl though

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    For what it is worth a pmm comped p365 runs on timer same as a non comp p365 xl for me

The tradeoff in reliability wasn't worth it for me

Am tempted to try a comped p365xl though
    What type(s) of ammo brands, loads are you using to get this data? What did you notice for reliability issues? Why would the XL be more appealing? Did you try running a lighter recoil spring weight in the P365? Why do you feel that a completely different make of compensator would necessarily behave identical in those ways?

What type(s) of ammo brands, loads are you using to get this data? What did you notice for reliability issues? Why would the XL be more appealing? Did you try running a lighter recoil spring weight in the P365? Why do you feel that a completely different make of compensator would necessarily behave identical in those ways?
    Having shot a few different comps on p365 length guns running things like bill drills, bpd they all are pretty identical in time to a stock xl for me. Have tried pmm, harrington, armory craft (I owned the pmm rest were friends comps)

Ammo used was blazer brass 124, magtech 124, pmc 124, federal 124, hst 124, gold dot 124?, ranger t 147, federal 147

It feels like it is less recoil but run on a timer (all alpha bill drill) somtimes the xl will win vs the comped p365. For me at least times with range ammo, they were basically identical with my inconsistency making the biggest difference.

That said I can split 0.17ish (fasted ever was a 0.14 but that was a charlie) with a p365 xl with macro grip relatively consistently once warmed up. A normal bill drill from aiwb concealment for me all alpha is approx 2.65 to 2.88 with a macro tac ops with frst shot being 1.55 to 1.81 usually

With duty ammo it more noticeable and time tests would favor the p365 with comp over the xl.

I did have ftf and fte issues with comps on the p365 slide. Went back to oem xl slide.

I am interested in trying a comp on an xl slide as they should work better in theory

The armory craft comp was heavy and imo produced lowest felt recoil

I did not try a lighter spring as I didn't see the benefit of the comp after approx 1500 or so rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    I did not try a lighter spring as I didn't see the benefit of the comp after approx 1500 or so rounds.
    I'm confused, you said that duty rounds favored faster times on the comp? That is the only place I'd expect much difference and the main reason to run a comp. Did you have reliability issues with the duty ammo? Run any +P duty ammo? I see little point running a comp with range fodder but would hope the comp helps the 365 run well with duty ammo and shoot softer simultaneously.

User Tag List