Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smooth 5.5lb Glock trigger

Smooth 5.5lb Glock trigger

My stock G45 trigger became more unpredictable and "sticky" toward 2000 rounds so I Flitzed the friction points on the trigger bar, connecter, and safety plunger. This seemed to help for maybe 200 rounds then the unpredictable stickiness returned.

I'd like to use this gun in a local friendly competition group but I also want to keep it close to stock. What's the recommendation for a smooth, predictable but stock-like 5.5lb-ish trigger?

The Gen 5 Glock thread would have several suggestions, if you can't access a Glock Armorer. I don't polish parts on a Glock and prefer that they just settle in after a thousand or so rounds. On my G5, I had to replace the trigger bar when the original one started to flake at the connector/trigger bar area at about the 2k mark. Some have had to clean up the striker channel and even replace the channel liner.

What do you mean by unpredictable and sticky? Is it the take-up, break, the return, or all of the above? Might help others who have more experience to suggest a suitable fix.

Site Supporter
    Extrapolating from my Gen 3 guns and would gladly defer to others on this issue:

There is enough tolerance stacking in a Glock trigger system that they can feel different despite being set up exactly the same way i.e. 5.5 TRS spring with the OEM "minus" connector.

I once had to swap three or four connectors in until my range G35 and my carry G35 "felt" the same even factoring in the round count difference between the guns.

I would try swapping in some different connectors.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    My stock G45 trigger became more unpredictable and "sticky" toward 2000 rounds so I Flitzed the friction points on the trigger bar, connecter, and safety plunger. This seemed to help for maybe 200 rounds then the unpredictable stickiness returned.

I'd like to use this gun in a local friendly competition group but I also want to keep it close to stock. What's the recommendation for a smooth, predictable but stock-like 5.5lb-ish trigger?
    Try taking the plunger out just for the sake of diagnosis.
    If the stickiness goes away in dry, spend more attention to the plunger interface. It can get gummy and sticky, spring and channel. Put it back obviously before live firing.

The other area that can do that is if your striker is dirty or gritty so try taking the striker assembly completely down and clean it. Channel too. Q tips are handy here.

Teflon spray works well.

Quote Originally Posted by CarloMNL View Post
    What do you mean by unpredictable and sticky? Is it the take-up, break, the return, or all of the above?
    Take-up and return feel normal enough. The travel before the break is uneven friction-wise and feels sticky, jumpy, unpredictable.... Like how your finger squeaks when washing Tupperware

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Extrapolating from my Gen 3 guns and would gladly defer to others on this issue:

There is enough tolerance stacking in a Glock trigger system that they can feel different despite being set up exactly the same way i.e. 5.5 TRS spring with the OEM "minus" connector.

I once had to swap three or four connectors in until my range G35 and my carry G35 "felt" the same even factoring in the round count difference between the guns.

I would try swapping in some different connectors.
    You might also experiment with different trigger mechanism housings, too.

Best, Jon

To restate a previously asked question, can you describe what part of the pull you are having issues with, and what specifically you would like to improve about it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    Take-up and return feel normal enough. The travel before the break is uneven friction-wise and feels sticky, jumpy, unpredictable.... Like how your finger squeaks when washing Tupperware
    My practice gun has the exact same problem. I haven't tried to figure it out yet. After another 2K rounds (10K total), I will replace the trigger and connector with new factory parts, maybe the striker block safety too. I'm already on the second trigger bar in this pistol because of the flaking problems that started around 2K rounds.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Sample of one, but on my Gen4 G19 the edge of the bevel of the safety plunger where it rides on the trigger bar was surprisingly sharp. Rounding those edges seemed to help.

Here’s the Apex plunger as an example:
    Name:  0EF47C52-B240-4484-9714-30CD5A8E95FF.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  8.9 KB
    https://www.apextactical.com/glock-u...safety-plunger

Folks, I am not trying to be a smart ass here, but are y’all lubricating the interface between the trigger bar and the connector? From many moons ago, I recall a few competitors who did not and the dry surfaces got the pull progressively “harder”(weight went up). It’s a lube point(one drop) in the Armorer class and manual.
    If I do a detail strips out twice a year-one recommended-I might put a dab of grease there if available. A drop of lube with frame assembled at the connector hook keeps it going, at least for me.
    I’ve been fortunate over the years; only seen a little flaking, etc.
    YMMV

User Tag List