Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do we like the Law Tactical stock hinge?

Brownells has a Saturday Sale, today, the Ninth. Clicking-through benefits this forum.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part..._DanielDefense
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Well yesterday I taped a one pound lead ingot to the rifles receiver extension. A svelte 6.6# rifle was noticeably porked up by the 15% increase in weight. Added a loaded 20 round Magpul and the fun was gone.

Thanks for the input and information guys, this idea is going on the far back burner.

I have one on an AR pistol I put together a couple of years ago. I don’t use the gun much but it’s definitely heavier than I’d prefer. I had originally wanted to put a bag gun together after the big PDW thread we did here. I have never carried the gun outside the house in a backpack or any other kind of container it would have needed the LAW adapter to fit into. I’m debating whether or not to take the folder off and list it for sale.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

There is an alternative which is lighter

Brownell's has a lower receiver with an integral butt folder. I believe it is a bit lighter than a lower-with-a-Law.
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod138643.aspx

Together with a Cry Havoc Quick Remove Barrel kit, these would make a dandy little package, even if it has a 16 inch barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Well yesterday I taped a one pound lead ingot to the rifles receiver extension. A svelte 6.6# rifle was noticeably porked up by the 15% increase in weight. Added a loaded 20 round Magpul and the fun was gone.

Thanks for the input and information guys, this idea is going on the far back burner.
    The adapter housing weighs 8.5oz, the carrier extension weighs 2oz, so actually it is 10.5 oz, about 2/3 of a pound. Your actual increase would be 9.9%.

In reality, probably not going to notice the extra weight carrying it in a backpack. In terms of realistic training with the rifle the added weight shouldn't unduly interfere since it is more midships than either end of the rifle.

Now, if you are putting this thing on an everyday rifle, or one you plan to hunt with, I think you are not using the folder in it's intended role. I have a couple of LAW's, one on this pistol waiting for me to get around to sending in the paperwork for a stamp. The other one was on my TAC14 to make the AR grip adapter legal length, but I took it off as I was unsure of the legality.

Name:  Rifle 2.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  50.8 KB

Name:  Rifle 1.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  49.5 KB

(Airborne Flag is cooler than my basement floor )
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    @Dan Lehr what’s buffer tube cover is that? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NuJudge View Post
    Brownell's has a lower receiver with an integral butt folder. I believe it is a bit lighter than a lower-with-a-Law.
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod138643.aspx

Together with a Cry Havoc Quick Remove Barrel kit, these would make a dandy little package, even if it has a 16 inch barrel.
    I saw this (or at least something in the same vein) at a gun store recently and wondered about the quality. The last thing I need is another rifle project, but as a dedicated travel lower using an already vetted upper this might be a good thing.

Law tactical was my gateway drug to MCX addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    @Dan Lehr what’s buffer tube cover is that? Thanks.
    I thought it was CAA, but when I googled CAA recoil tube cover it hit on Thordsen:

https://www.thordsencustoms.com/enha...rk-earth/.html

ETA: It's cut out on the bottom so you can use it on a standard carbine buffer tube, it has 'rotation lugs' on each side though, so it won't twist on a pistol tube which is what I have it mounted on. They also make a snap on cheek riser.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I thought it was CAA, but when I googled CAA recoil tube cover it hit on Thordsen:

https://www.thordsencustoms.com/enha...rk-earth/.html

ETA: It's cut out on the bottom so you can use it on a standard carbine buffer tube, it has 'rotation lugs' on each side though, so it won't twist on a pistol tube which is what I have it mounted on. They also make a snap on cheek riser.
    I had Thordsen covers on both of my pistols before I went with other options a few years back, but I kept them. I suspect they will get reinstalled.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List