Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do we like the Law Tactical stock hinge?

Do you have an AR you would like to fold up and put in a bag, without having to deal with taking the upper and lower apart? Then the LAW is great, and I would definitely recommend going with the latest model (I had a gen2 for a while and had issues with the carrier extension coming loose, rotating, and snapping off the proprietary buffer retaining pin, which of course fell into the FCG and locked the whole damn thing up). The Gen3 gets rid of all that, using a stock retaining pin and an orientation-agnostic carrier extension. But as others have mentioned, there is definitely a weight penalty. My 11.5" pencil-barrel SBR ought to be light... but with the LAW folder and Steiner 1-4x, it's a chonky boi for sure. But... it fits in a backpack, a feature I mostly use to bring it with me when a bunch of us go eat lunch after a 2-gun match, so I don't have to leave a gun in my truck unattended.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

$20 Off, At Brownells, Again. All Colors, This Time

Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

On sale at Primary Arms:
    Primary Arms
    FLASH SALE!

Law Tactical
    Folding Stock
    Adapter ONLY
    $219.99 w/code
    THELAW

exp 5/1
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    That’s about the best price I’ve seen since I’ve been paying attention over the last 3 years or so.
    If I didn’t already have one for every pistol that I own, I’d probably be buying at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    On sale at Primary Arms:
    Primary Arms
    FLASH SALE!

Law Tactical
    Folding Stock
    Adapter ONLY
    $219.99 w/code
    THELAW

exp 5/1

$40.00 Off, At Brownells. Appears to be Memorial Day Weekend Sale

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Do we like the Law Tactical stock hinge?

I just ordered two of the flange wrenches off LAW Tactical’s website… being they just got back in stock.

Two were cheaper than doing the actual tool, and will allow me to take it off my AR pistol. After looking at my ARs, I’m unsure if I’m tossing it on another as of yet. My general AR has a JP captive recoil assembly, which I like… but it is also one of the original ones, so I really can’t adapt it to work with the LAW. My 9mm pistol would have been a good option, but the weight in the Stern bolt doesn’t seem to be an easy way to convert it over… and I have the bolt/buffer balanced pretty well with my suppressor and duty load. The .45… that D/I system is pretty touchy, and don’t want to add more weight and potentially cause issue. Everything else… not really worth it or I prefer how the ARs are already setup.

I’ve been back and forth with a lot of my ARs and other defensive weapons… and have moved to lightening them up as much as possible. Think pulling the LAW off is following suite, especially when I don’t have the need to fold an AR that much. I got the second wrench for one of two reasons…

Either I’m going to keep it in storage for the off chance I do need to make an AR more compact or I’m going to put it up for sale.

It’s not a bad setup… if you need to compact an AR past it’s buffer tube. But you get more weight and OAL with it.

$20 Off, Plus A $25 Gift Card, At Brownells. Father’s Day Promotion.

This promotion does not apply equally to all colors, as it appears that the Gift Card applies only to Black. Remember, clicking-through this site, to Brownells, provides something to the P-F tip jar. I have no financial affiliation with Brownells.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...19_LawTactical

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quick question for the LAW Tactical owners… does anyone know what the hex head screw at the 6 o’clock position is for? It’s not listed in the PARTS LIST, and isn’t mentioned at all in the installation instructions.

I thought it might have something to do with the buffer retainer, but it sits slightly further back than the retainer hole.

Here’s a pic of the MYSTERY SCREW marked “?”.

“1” is a qd socket, “2” is the release button assembly, and “3” is the hinge pin

Name:  8E019550-79A2-45C7-9B0B-854096729804.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  29.5 KB

I contacted LAW and they said the mystery screw is to retain the buffer retainer parts and doesn’t need to be adjusted or messed with. They said it’s listed as part #11 in the instructions. Silly me… I glossed right over that when I looked at the instruction sheet!

User Tag List