Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we like the Law Tactical stock hinge?

Do we like the Law Tactical stock hinge?

I’m seriously considering one for my travel rifle and see they’re up to “Gen3-M”.

For those of you who shelled out the money is there any buyers remorse?

I've had one for 5 years and it still locks up as tight as new, I have no regrets with the purchase. It gives you a way to carry a SBR or AR pistol in a backpack that is relatively easy and fast to deploy. I bought a second one, but never really used the lower it was on, so I removed it and sold it to a buddy when they were oos everywhere a while back.

I've had one for a while without issues. The only real downsides are the cost and the weight. You are adding like 10 ounces to get the ability to fold.

I actually took it off and sold it a few weeks ago just because of the weight, but I regret it and ordered another one to replace it yesterday. It is heavy, but at least its at the back of the rifle so it balances ok.

If you aren't actually going to put your gun in a backpack it may not be worth it, but if you think you have a realistic use for it I don't think you'll regret buying it.

The weight is the only drawback.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by MolonLabe416 View Post
    The weight is the only drawback.
    I think weight is the main drawback, but there is some additional complexity internally over a stock AR, and obviously you can't fire it folded. The Rattler and SCAR spoil you with their set up.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Do we like the Law Tactical stock hinge?

I put one on my truck gun, mainly because I planned to run it with a can. It’s nice, and definitely isn’t garbage… but if I can fit the gun with can in the locker I’m getting with it unfolded, I’ll probably pull it off.

I just don’t like the entire not able to function folded. Don’t get me wrong, I get why… and it’s an issue with the AR system… but rather be able to rack a round in without having to get it unfolded. When the upper went back to AA for the bent piston rod… I did like the AK-P with its folding brace.

Out of all my other ARs, don’t think I’d put it on any of them. Maybe my D/I AR-45… or my 9mm AR.

I have one specifically for a "backpack" AR. It gets the job done and hasn't given me any issues in about a year. Also, they LAW folder is NSN'd, and I believe is used "for real".
    Having said, I have no plans of getting any more since I got that niche filled.

I used one for a couple of years while I had a need for a backpack rifle. As soon as I didn’t need it I took it off to save weight. Good quality, just don’t need it anymore. Still have it in a box somewhere, just in case the need arises.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

This is one of those times that it pays to have a spare lower that can be dedicated to the Law Folder and pulled from the safe when you need it. I can basically take any of my short uppers and throw it on the folding lower. When I'm not using it it just lays on the top shelf of my safe until I need it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    This is one of those times that it pays to have a spare lower that can be dedicated to the Law Folder and pulled from the safe when you need it. I can basically take any of my short uppers and throw it on the folding lower. When I'm not using it it just lays on the top shelf of my safe until I need it again.
    The intended recipient rifle is a gun that’s short and handy with a 14.5”+pin&weld flash suppressor barrel. It fits in my rolling duffle assembled but I also have a 5.11 SBR case that it’s 3” too long for. My 10.5” pistol fits but it’s A) probably going to become un-legal and B) obnoxious to shoot even with ear pro. With our new state law update making loaded long guns legal in a vehicle spending money on the folder instead of sending $200 to re-legalize the pistol as an SBR seems the better idea.

I may make a trip to the range with a small lead ingot duct taped to that rifles present stock and see if the weight bothers me.

Thanks for the input!

User Tag List